Font Question

Naicidrac

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Hello all,
I am putting together some mock ups and I need some good looking Chinese/Japanese or just Asian looking fonts. I have searched the internet and was wondering if you guys had a favorite place to get "free would be nice" Asian fonts?

Thanks,

Thanks for the reply. I am looking for more authentic looking chinese fonts. I have found some that are like $550.00. Are they kidding? Do people really pay that much for fonts. I did download that "chinaone" and it coule be useful in the future, but for now I am looking for a "free or real cheap" authentic looking Chinese/Japanese/Asian font. Thanks again though.

Depending on the program, you might be able to change the language to Chinese and go from there.

Or, you could try here.

Thanks for all the help. I have tried "1001 Free Fonts", but it just takes you to "fonts.com" and they are not free. Also I got some from that other place you listed, but they are not in chinese. I am on a MAC and I guess you have to change your language or something. Actually in Adobe PS CS5 down at the bottom I see a ton in chinese, but when I type with them they are all in regular Enlish fonts or it types squares. I guess there is something I need to change on my computer. This is all just for looks on a poster that I am working on. It will mean nothing, but I just want to some cool fonts. I found a ton on that "1001 free fonts", but they are all from "fonts.com" and they are expensive. Thanks again.

Thanks so much for all of the great help. I appreciate all of it. Every time I find one of those free sites I search for something and "fonts.com" comes up and says the font is like $550. Is there a way to turn on these fonts in Adobe. I can see a ton that are in Chinese. Do I need to go into "system preferences"? That my change everything on my computer though. Thanks again for all of the help everyone.

OK I feel that I am getting somewhere. I just found a font I had called "Ryo Display Std" It is not exactly what I want, but I will use it. I am on a MAC and when I try to use this I get boxes or just regular English words. Is there a way to turn some preference on, then rasterize the type and then turn that preference back off and then I will have real Asian fonts?
screen.jpg

If you translate a word from english to chinese in google translate then cut and paste the chinese into photoshop the chinese fonts work and can be edited. I had to do this when I had to recreate a chinese logo for a client.

Thank You!!! That worked perfectly! I am just doing this as a mock up for a customer and I thought this would look cool with Chinese/Japanese characters. Now I can even translate and understand what they say. I usually just use "Lorem Ipsum" or something like that. Thanks for the clarification on the Ryo as well. Thanks again to all who solved and helped with this issue. I love the forums.

Here is the image I am wanting to put the fonts on. I am still working on it and brainstorming Pay no attention to the guide lines, I just took a screenshot.

screen2.jpg

Most reactions

New Topics

Back