Food and drink

Oh that looks good. Is it a peach or mango or what? Nice shot, too.

Its actually an apricot from a newly discovered tree in the yard at the apartment im living in currently.

it was just something i used as a subject experimenting with a makeshift light box (5 pieces of legal paper taped together) on my desk one night just to see how things would turn out. the light sources were my desk light and my monitor. unfortunately the picture was not as crisp as it could be as i was using an onld 35-80mm kit lens from my old rebel body. after viewing the picture at work though i really have seen the importance in monitor calibration as there is a huge variance in the lightness and gradiant in the background between computers. i guess my best bet is just to start off by having some colour gradients printed then go from there adjusting my monitor.

Decided to take pictures of dinner tonight:

Tomato, Mozzarella, Baby Lettuce, Cassis Vinaigrette:
salad_1_5x7.jpg

Followed up with half a roast chicken and Dijon cream sauce:
chicken_1_5x7.jpg

Greetings.

Last nights supper :drool:

Shot with the 50mm and two side strobes with softboxes...

Greek style pork ribs, caesar salad, onion scalloped potatoes and honey garlic black tiger shrimp.

Ribs50Studio.jpg

Cheers, Don

Last edited:
When I was growing up, I ate shrimp as often as I could. When I got a job, I went out to eat shrimp as often as I could and when I turned 23, I became so allergic to shrimp that I almost died. I can almost taste this post and it kills me.

sister's birthday cake from awhile back.

2894093668_1b8fe50102.jpg

This theme is not new, which is why I merged the newly started theme thread with the old one from back in 2003.

Dairy Queen chocolate sundae ^^

IMG_963c.jpg

This is by no means a good picture at all as I had very little time to take it, but my other hobby being food and a budding interest in molecular gastronomy, this was my first, completely edible, mozzarella balloon:
mozzarella_balloon.jpg

I'll be serving it tomorrow with a tomato sorbet, warm basil gelee and balsamic foam. I hope I get a chance to stage a picture.

I can totally rock this out because food photography is really what I do.

IMG_5890.JPG

DSC_0072.jpg

Last edited:

Most reactions

Back