Food for thought C&C BESP

K.Li

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
[FONT=&quot]Aim:[/FONT][FONT=&quot]

This week we have to create a triptych, and the theme I have is the making of a homemade pizza. Just so you know I accidently forgot about the project when the pizza finished cooking and I cut it up asap, but it was all good since I planned to have only half of the pizza in my image.

Setting:

Image 1[/FONT][FONT=&quot]
Camera: Nikon D90
Lens: 35mm F1.8G
Focal Length 35mm
Aperture: F/1.8
Shutter 1/25s
ISO: 200
Lighting: Natural light[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]

Image 2[/FONT][FONT=&quot]
Focal Length 35mm
Aperture: F/3.5
Shutter 1/25s
Lighting: Oven Light[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Image 3[/FONT][FONT=&quot]
Focal Length 35mm
Aperture: F/10
Shutter 1/200s
Lighting: Flash bounced from ceiling[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]

Image:

4453185507_84c706b991_b.jpg

Conclusion:

I actually tried a some other ideas before I did this one, I tried to do a sunset one but I stuffed it up and didn’t have another day to do sunset again.[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]The project was fun and my image turned out to look a lot like a café menu. The 3rd image is my favorite.[/FONT]

Last edited:
thanks... now I'm hungry....:drool:

Nice shots, only preference thing from my perspective is the first image being a tad underexposed... could pop a bit more.... i like the next 2 images..

This is my favorite so far that I've seen. I like the colors and the light... very.... tasty.

A few problems though that I have.... as mJs said, the first is underexposed. Also, I am unsure why I should be more interested in the contents of the front two bowls over the bowls in the back. The bowl in the back on the right has something red and yummy, and red is a strong attracting color, but it's so OOF that I can't get any pleasure from looking at it. I think I'd like to see a great DOF on this shot.

On #2... the area at the bottom has a distracting line and shape in it, both unidentifiable, which complicates the image for me.

#3.... Oh joy. :) The money shot.

Nicely Done!

Very clean sharp images, logical order, and makes me hungry too.
Maybe a little more light in the oven shot to place the image better, the way it stands it's hard to tell what's in the background.

I agree the third section is the best image. Nicely framed and well lit. The first is ok, but seems to clash a little with the other two.

It also appears you have a repeating theme (half circles or arcs) throughout the triptych.

Yummy!.
I like the lighthing you used, it gives you a warm mood in the whole flow.
2 and 3 are the best for me. They are really sharp which is in contrast with the first shot. That bothers me a bit becuase breaks the flow.

Sorry im just getting around to C&C on this one...

I like your idea here. My only problem is, 2 and 3 are so much alike while 1 is totally different. Maybe not that big of a deal, but its the first thing i noticed. Adn the border fades into the last two images.
I like the shots though. Makes me want to take a bite....or three! (minus the mushrooms)

Most reactions

New Topics

Back