Football 2021

Week three was a 62-58 track meet game. Lots of offense not much defense.

1)
Norman_Mustang_0173.jpg

2)
Norman_Mustang_0223.jpg

3)
Norman_Mustang_0349.jpg

4)
Norman_Mustang_0497.jpg

5)
Norman_Mustang_0634.jpg

Yesterday we had a DAY game. :encouragement:

But the reason was COVID. :grumpy:
Originally the games (JV+Var) was for Thur afternoon/evening, then there was a COVID scare, so they had to test the teams. So games delayed to Saturday.

Then it happened, one of the JV players tested positive, so they cancelled the JV game . . . Friday night. Of course, I was not in the communications. So, on Sat. morning, I'm sitting on the field at 10:30, wondering where the heck everybody is. :boggled:

Varsity went on at 2pm. DAY time, with overcast sky, perfect. Plenty of sunlight, without the direct sun to cook me, and make harsh shadows. But . . . we lost, 14-36 :grumpy:

College ball last night. Spent some time trying to shoot the defense and linemen as much as the backs. Missed a pick 6 because I wasn't quick enough to the second body.

1)
MissSouthern_UCO_0093.jpg

2)
MissSouthern_UCO_0100.jpg

3)
MissSouthern_UCO_0209.jpg

4)
MissSouthern_UCO_0236.jpg

5)
MissSouthern_UCO_0258.jpg

Great Set...Fantastic!

Saturday afternoon NCAA Division II football from the Great American Conference (GAC).

1) QB's view.

SEOSU_SNU_0227.jpg

2) Defying gravity.

SEOSU_SNU_0241.jpg

3) Is he every going to go down?

SEOSU_SNU_0251.jpg

4) I got it.

SEOSU_SNU_0734.jpg

5) Now, can I get my toe down?

SEOSU_SNU_0735.jpg

Murphey strikes again.

I shot a VJ and Var game today, and pulled a FUBAR.
For "some reason" my Exposure Compensation was set to +1.5 :eek-73: ARGH !!!!! Strike one. (I still can't figure out how/when that happened)
I did not check the settings before the game. I ASS-U-MEd that I has reset the settings. Strike two.
I did not do what I normally do, a test exposure before the game, to make sure the exposure was OK. Strike three.

The JV pics were overexposed, just barely salvageable, I think.
I caught the setting screw up just as the Var game started, so that game wasn't screwed up. Just the normal difficulty with the field lights.

SIGH

update: Most of the pics were salvageable, but just barely.
The one unanticipated benefit was that I got the faces, which are normally in the deep helmet shadow.
Lesson learned, that was a DUMB mistake, make sure I do #2 and 3.

Last edited:
@ac12, I've had exposure issues like that but usually at day games.

Here are a few from Friday night.

1) Just before kick-off. Linebackers and leaders of the defense.

MHS@Union-0036.jpg

2) HC is a little frustrated at the situation.

MHS@Union-0234.jpg

3) My favorite of the night.

MHS@Union-0345.jpg

@ronlane , it was a day game, well late afternoon.

What ticked me off was even if I did not do #2, #3 would have caught the problem.
And I tell my students to ALWAYS do #3. Yet I did not do it myself.

I had to go back to the car to get a lens for my student, so I was late for the start of the game, and did not do my normal pre-game routine, which included #3.
But, I could and should have sacrificed the first 5 minutes of the game to get everything properly tested and configured.
Instead, the entire JV game was overexposed.

Reminds me of an old saying "haste makes waste."

Most reactions

Back