For Absent Friends

mad_malteaser

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I found this bench the other day at a nearby country park and felt I had to do it justice somehow. I hope you think I did :blushing:

AbsentFriends.jpg

Was this taken with infrared film, or digital?

Nice shot

It is a bit too grey only for my liking and the bright spot of sky is distracting. The overall softness is a nice touch to the scene, but all in all I find it a bit flat and the bench is much competing with the bright sky. A crop and contrast boost (need not be a big boost!) might help ... and then the lettering on the back of the bench becomes more readable, too (?)

LaFoto said:
It is a bit too grey only for my liking and the bright spot of sky is distracting. The overall softness is a nice touch to the scene, but all in all I find it a bit flat and the bench is much competing with the bright sky. A crop and contrast boost (need not be a big boost!) might help ... and then the lettering on the back of the bench becomes more readable, too (?)

LaFoto, I had another work on it with your suggestions. Do you mean something like this?:

AbsentFriends2.jpg

I agree with LaFoto's suggestions, and your crop is much better. Unlike Ms. Foto, I would suggest boosting the contrast a lot...really bring out the shadows and all. I would try somewhere between 20 and 40. If you would like, I'd be happy to take a stab at it and repost this evening.

Feel free to have a go at editing it! I'd like to see what you could come up with.

I actually really like what gizmo did, the blacks really dramatize the bench and surroundings and make the picture really interesting.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back