For anyone that is interested,

Status
Not open for further replies.
If you really wanted to leave... you'd have gone without all the blinking lights. "Here I am! I'm leaving! How much attention are you going to give me?!? I'm serious! I'm leaving!"

And then tomorrow it'll be all.... "I was just playing. I'm still here."

TPF = Hotel California??

Hey tyler, you are SUCH an IDIOT! :mrgreen:

(just kidding :lol:)

Talk Photography's quite a good forum, I use it i conjunction with TPF.

damn, if this were a dodgeball game, I certainly didn't make the team :(

Good luck tyler, I'm sure I'll message you and annoy the crap out of you on facebook in the middle of the night when you're trying to go to sleep and I'm awake because I have a 4 week old child in my lap screaming his ears out because he is hungry and his diaper hasnt been changed and then not be able to go back to sleep because of all of the noise has woken me up to a point where sleep is no longer an option. damn... I thought I could make that sentence longer, with more grammatical errors.

It's lightspeed all over again!

as someone who enjoyed both tyler and 'the other team' this is sad. regardless of what you thought of tyler, I think most everybody would admit he added more than most to the community here.

I personally hope Tyler stays/comes back. Its always sad to active members leave.

Since I've only been a member of the forum for a few weeks I did not get to know Tyler. I have no opinion about his contribution one way or the other. Seems like he had some fans and some detractors; like most of us I guess.

Anyhow, Tyler, I assume you've put adequate thought into this decision so God speed to ya. Hope you find a place more to your liking. Maybe I'll cross paths with you sometime down the road. It's a long strange trip after all.

Funny, I belong to a few forums, mostly guitar related, but this scenario plays out all the time on every forum I've ever been a part of. Sometimes a clean break is necessary.

I'm going to be signing off TPF permanently.

This forum has done nothing but go down hill as of late. I'm tired of the double standards. I'm tired of the lack of continuity in opinions from alleged "veteran photographers" who think that their opinion is gospel and that there is no other way to do X or Y. I'm tired of people who post condescending or rude remarks, followed by an exclamation point and a smilie face as if it's suddenly portrayed as light hearted. I'm tired of a lot of people here.

However, there are some people who I do really like. So I'd like to take this time to say thank you to the following members:

SchwettyLens (Robin) - You're a good guy, and a great photographer. We don't always see eye to eye, but we remain friends and I value your input and opinions. We also started out, and are continuing on a very similar gear-acquisition journey.

PaigeW - You show a strong desire to learn, and develop your skills. You're a wonderfully nice person with a level head on your shoulders. I know we'll keep in contact.

Bitter Jeweler (David) - You're a hilarious fellow, with a beard the size of Texas. You produce some of the best abstract and architectural photography I've seen, and you always present a different side to the story. Not to mention, your Jewelry is quite awesome. :)

Trever1t (Bill) - We butted heads pretty regularly at first, but now we're quite good friends. You're an excellent dude, and a good person to bounce ideas off of. Glad we were able to connect on a friend-level.

Jake337 - We both share "similar interests" in terms of botany, and you are also a great photographer. I'm sure we'll keep in touch as well, even if it is mostly though Instagram. ;)

camz (Cameron) - You've got a great style to your work, and have offered some great words of encouragement, as well as acclaim to me on my client shoots. Thank you, and keep doing your thing.

jowensphoto (Jess) - You've got a great spunk and a good sense of humor. I wish you the best on your photographic journey.

Tirediron (John) - You're my favorite mod, and that's saying a lot. You've got a very fair way of handling things, and are generally always respectful. Thank you, John. I hope you remain a moderator.

Rub (Kristal) - I've been watching your work for a long while, and it keeps getting better and better. I'm glad we're friends on FB, so hopefully if I make it out to the west coast, I can come visit! :p

To anyone I've missed, I'm sorry (either that, or I just don't like you! :p). Chances are, if you've made it to my Facebook Friends list somehow, you're worth keeping in touch with.

I've connected with a lot of interesting and memorable people on TPF, I've also pissed off numerous people and created enemies. C'est la vie. The good outweighs the bad, but that still won't keep me around these parts.

For anyone else that would like to stay in contact with me, just shoot me a PM and I'm sure we'll be able to connect in some way or another. Don't worry, I don't bite! :)

Take care, and goodnight.

To reiterate in visual form.....

Last edited by a moderator:
Posted goodbye notice last night, logs in this morning........
atttttennnnnntion!

And since we don't allow flounce threads and since they tend to go bad very fast lets bring this to and end before we get that far.

Tyler - wish you all the best and good luck with things. See you again somewhere I hope - and heck TPF will be here when you return. (because no one can ever truly leave ;))

Status
Not open for further replies.

Most reactions

Back