chrisburke

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.chrisburke.ca
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hey check out this image.

How can I go about making the lighting better? I have an external flash, and i thought it would make the picture brighter than the built in. Should I maybe put it on a remote and put it somewhere else???

538140091_ee5610fc59.jpg

It looks like to me that you will need a lot more lighting instead of one flash. There are so many areas that could be lit up.

It looks like to me that you will need a lot more lighting instead of one flash. There are so many areas that could be lit up.

what Type pf lights would you suggest? I do a lot of skate shots, and am wanting to start doing night shots, so I wouldnt mind purchasing whatever i should use.

The flash reacts to the white shirt which it exposed perfectly. The dark sleeves and hair were too much toward the dark end. In this type of shot off-white colours such as yellow, light orange, beige or light blue work best. Moving in closer would have both helped the flash and the image as well.

skieur

I would agree with the off-camera idea. If you look at alot of skate mags (well it was this way in the 80's when I skated) most of the shots are done with flash off to the side. Either hand-held on a cord or now ou can make them wireless TTL. What are you shooting with? I know Canon/Nikon both have wireless setups for theior flashes built in now. I think a flash in front of and a little below him would have been very cool. I know you cant always determone the time when you will be shooting but it would help to shoot a little earlier in the day as well. Anothe suggestion would be to get alot closer you have too much background. I know you want a little context to see where he is but you just have too much.

I have a Nikon d40... The guy at the camera shop was showing me something.. i dont know what it was called. It's a small adapter that you put your flash (external) on, and you can place it anywhere up to 25 feet away, and when the flash on your camera goes off, the external flash goes off as well.

would it be smart for me to get something like this, that way i can place one flash elsewhere to get more light?

I think your problem here is your distance from subject, you really Maxed out the flash... Subject and foreground are pretty good, don't know how much room separated skater from back wall?? Think you just need to get in closer...

You also might want to consider higher ISO and playing with F/stops..

If you want to shoot a lot of this , your subjects are not gonna appreciate a flash while performing???

Most reactions

New Topics

Back