+ for EVF

ac12

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I do not remember if it was this forum, where someone asked about the EVF.
Well I discovered another plus for the EVF.

I was shooting tennis, and the sunlight was so strong that I could not view the images on the back screen. No amount of shading was enough to do much good.
The images were a bit under exposed, but I could not tell, as the background was dark. All that I could see was there were no blinking highlights on the subject.

You shouldn't adjust the EV to make viewing them easier to see in bright light. You should adjust the screen brightness.

You shouldn't adjust the EV to make viewing them easier to see in bright light. You should adjust the screen brightness.

I was shooting my D7200, so no EVF.
I probably should have raised the back screen brightness. I don't know how much that would have helped, I will just have to experiment and see.

I probably should have raised the back screen brightness. I don't know how much that would have helped, I will just have to experiment and see.

Then your original post makes no sense.

Then your original post makes no sense.

The optical viewfinder on the D7200 was fine.
But when I tried to check the exposure of the image that I shot, on the back screen, the bright sun level washed out the screen, making it difficult to see anything.
An EVF would let me look at the image in the EVF, so I would not have to use the back screen to check exposure. Actually the EVF would have shown me that I was under exposed, before I pressed the shutter.

My bad. I was thinking "EVF" meant you were using an adjustment in exposure in order to see the image after you took it.

When shooting in intensely bright sunlight, the Hoodman brand "chimney" caps are pretty handy...I have a couple for older d-slr models that I used to use.

These days they have more products than they used to.

HoodLoupes

When shooting in intensely bright sunlight, the Hoodman brand "chimney" caps are pretty handy...I have a couple for older d-slr models that I used to use.

These days they have more products than they used to.

HoodLoupes

That would solve the problem.
And that pix of one on a retractable belt holder is a neat idea to have it always available.

Can you see edge to edge on the back screen, or it is just the center?

The Hoodman loupes that I bought were for the Nikon D1h and the D2x, which had pretty small screens, not like today's 3.2-inch monster-sized LCD screens...on the older Hoodman loupes, you could see pretty much the entire screen area. I am assuming that, with today's 3- and 3.2-inch sized rear screens, that they've incorporated some type of lens system that allows a pretty good field of view. It has been a decade since I actively used the Hoodman system, and the prices are substantially higher now, and I am assuming that the systems are even better. They've evolved quite a bit, from what I can see when perusing their website; they now have Hoodman Loupes to be used as EVF accessories for shooting video, etc..

Shouldnt be hard to make a foldable sunlight protection screen for the backside monitor so one could see it even in sunlight. Personally I rarely had that problem though.

I dont really get why this thread is about EVF because the monitor of a mirrorless will have the exact same issue.

Shouldnt be hard to make a foldable sunlight protection screen for the backside monitor so one could see it even in sunlight. Personally I rarely had that problem though.

I dont really get why this thread is about EVF because the monitor of a mirrorless will have the exact same issue.

EVF not the back LCD.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back