For Fun? or For Money? (vote)

I shoot:

• For Fun

Votes: 39 88.6%
  • For Money

Votes: 5 11.4%

• Total voters
I think that Kieth's point is for all of us to think about which aspect is more important, the fun or the money. Philosophically, we should all be choosing fun, but I think that in our world that cannot always be the case. It makes you think though.

I think that Keith's point is for all of us to think about which aspect is more important, the fun or the money. Philosophically, we should all be choosing fun, but I think that in our world that cannot always be the case. It makes you think though.

:thumbup: You bet.

If I had put a "both" option, then that would have been an easier option for most.

For me, I spend all my photography money on camera gear and fun things (getaway for my wife and I, surprises for her, a new laptop, a new board game, etc). She has a job, and I have a job, that provide for our needs, so this is simply a self-supporting hobby for me. I enjoy photography...but sometimes when doing larger, longer projects (24-team basketball tournaments and weekly auto racing) clicking a button can really wear me out.

So often I think "was this profitable? was making $xxx worth my time?" and I end up having to think of it more as "I love racing, so what do I have to lose?"

Anyway, yes... just a little bit to provoke thought :thumbup:

I have made some money from my photography, but I do it because it's fun.

I shoot for fun because no body has offered me money... yet.

I answered for fun, though last year, I made several thousand dollars from it and it completely paid for all of my gear that I have purchased. Right now, I'm a little burned out of working for cash and I've been turning people away. I just don't enjoy shooting for other people like I do shooting the stuff I like. I'll probably get more jobs when I need more gear. :)

Most reactions

Back