For my Mom

foxensly

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
My mother has wanted me to find her nice prints to put in frames around the house...and I wanted to take a fitting photograph that would match some other prints she has.

While on a walk with my girlfriend, we came accross these stairs that lead down to a river near her neighborhood.

I took this shot:

stairspd7.jpg

I used SnapFish's "free 11x14 print" offer, and ordered it for her.
Please, tell me what you think of this shot. I'd like to hear some opinions other than my own. I'm relatively new to photography, though I've been trying to jump on board for years.

I used my Kodak EasyShare C743. Go ahead and laugh =P.

So please, just give me your opinions, so I can learn more about taking good photos.

Thank you so much in advance! :lovey:

I'm no pro myself, but I really like this shot - the dramatic effect is really played up with black and white. I would definitely take an 11 x 14 print of this for my walls!

I think it turned out great, I really like the pic :thumbsup:

Wow, that is really good, esp for just going out and shooting something for your mom's wall! It looks like something you might buy preframed in a shop. Very nice!

Thanks for the snapfish special!:)

Thank you for those kind words Jen! :hug:: I really appreciate it.

Thank you so much both oCyrus and Aquarium...your feedback is much appreciated :hug::

And no problem, glad to help.

Nicely composed, but I wish it wasn't so busy in the background. Tones are nice too.

Thank you, I rather like the tones too.

I agree with the "busy" comment, and if I had my way you could see straight to the creek without any foliage or trees...but there's only so much you can change with nature you know? Thanks for the feedback!

I really like the shot, I find it interesting to see this taken from the top of the stairs versus looking up the stairs like most would take. Great Job.

thank you very much :). I thought the angle was more interesting that way...along with the now infinitely-visible lines of symmetry

The two threads (identical in Photo Critique and General Gallery) have been merged to one.

Oh sorry about that! I didn't know it was an issue. Thanks for correcting it :)

any more comments?

Most reactions

Back