For Rent

pgriz

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Old Montreal.

Around the block from Notre Dame Cathedral, just below the city hall.

Nice location, near several tourist magnets, but just far enough not to get lots of traffic. No parking.

$For Rent_1653.JPG

ISO 100, f/8, 1/60, 60mm. Exposure set manually, based on incident and spot reading.

Comments, critiques, or just general conversation always welcome.

Pardon my edits.

$canadabuilding.jpg

No pardons necessary - that's a cleaner, crisper look. Thanks!

I've been on a B&W kick recently.

Nice shot Paul and nice edit Runnah :) (Runnah, helping Canucks see in B&W one Canadian at a time ;) lol)

I always have a hard time composing this kind of shot but I THINK I wish you caught all of the first door to really ground the center of the image.... I could be way out in left field though lol

Nice image.. and I prefer the color! It lends an elegance to the shot that the B&W lacks. Interesting choice of composition... it works here.

Nice shot Paul and nice edit Runnah :) (Runnah, helping Canucks see in B&W one Canadian at a time ;) lol)

I always have a hard time composing this kind of shot but I THINK I wish you caught all of the first door to really ground the center of the image.... I could be way out in left field though lol

I've take several of this building, and when I get the door in, I also get some unattractive garbage next to it (the street is on a steep slant), so balancing things out, this seemed to be the best of the lot. Now if the garbage gets cleaned up, I will revisit your suggestion. Thanks!

Nice image.. and I prefer the color! It lends an elegance to the shot that the B&W lacks. Interesting choice of composition... it works here.

Thanks, Charlie - as I mentioned above, I took several shot at this location, and this is the best of the bunch (not saying that another photographer wouldn't have come up with a better image ;)). I'm trying to teach my eyes to see patterns and get beyond the superficial impression. Sometimes it clicks. Sometimes it doesn't.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back