For Sale: Canon Primes, Leica M6 Titanium, Neotec Monopod

usayit

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
North New Jersey, United States of America
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Ok... here goes... <takes a big breath>

I started out by selling my 70-200mm f2.8 IS earlier this year on this here forum. It was sold to shachr6 and I hope he is enjoying the lens.

It was painful to see such a nice zoom go away but I now realize that I really don't miss it much. So I'm further selling my investment in Canon by selling my primes. I find more satisfaction in shooting primes attached to a rangefinder. Reducing my Canon EOS DSLR/SLR to work with zooms, macro, and telephoto (all the things not suited for a rangefinder).

24mm f1.4L - $900 ( $1089 new )
50mm f1.4 - $250 ( $289 new + $26 hood)
85mm f1.8 - $270 ( $329 new + $23 hood )
135mm f2L - $850 ( $899 new )

These are outstanding primes... that can create photos with IQ better than even the most expensive zooms. The 24mm is a perfect street shooter on a cropped body... a focal length that you can handhold at slow shutters paired with a fast max aperture. The 50mm f1.4 needs no introduction.. simply wonderful. The 85mm f1.8 is regarded as one of the highest bang for buck lenses in the canon line up... near L quality in build and IQ. Finally.. one of the lenses that has always brought awe is the 135mm f2L. This is the fastest telephoto in canon's currently lineup... SHARP and the Colors!. The 50mm and 85mm both have the optional hoods included. The L primes come with hoods.

Buy the whole set for $2100.

Along with the three primes above, I am also selling another wonderful camera that will be painful to see go. I have determined that no M6 will feel as right in my hands as the ol'M3 of 50 years ago. So I am also selling my M6 Titanium Classic for $1800. This is the earlier classic M6 with a Titanium body. Don't think that there are a lot of leica shooters here but hey.. worth a shot.

I also have Bogen/Manfrotto Neotec 685B for sale. This is a good monopod with the unique one handed operation design. For some reason, I've ended up with two monopods.. I'll sell it for $120 (new $141). Only been used probably once or twice.

Post or PM with questions. All prices are in USD with shipping and insurance to be determined later and added. I prefer to ship within the US and transaction made through Paypal. I have a verified account.

Oh shoot... I meant to post to the for sale forum.. I didn't have my morning coffee....

Mods please accept my apology and move this thread.

hmm, three lenses i do not own: 24, 85 and 135 ... I am tempted ;)

How old are the 50 and 85?

The 50 is about a year old ( it replaced my 50mm f1.8 Mark I that I gave away as a gift).
I can't remember when I purchased the 85mm but I know it is more than 4 years old.

Both are in good exec condition... glass is clean. The price includes the hoods as mentioned.

I'm just freeing up stuff to fund a couple Leica Summarits.

hmm, three lenses i do not own: 24, 85 and 135 ... I am tempted ;)

Just tempting yah again.!! you know you want them.. the way to uncompromised image quality. Late Holiday's gift to yourself and your camera. hehhe lol

The 135mm is also about 1 year old. The 24mm was probably purchased at the same time as the 85... If I hadn't been bitten by the Leica bug, I would be completely and utterly out of my mind to even consider selling these...

Save a $170 bucks and buy all 4.

Just tempting yah again.!! you know you want them.. the way to uncompromised image quality. Late Holiday's gift to yourself and your camera. hehhe lol

The 135mm is also about 1 year old. The 24mm was probably purchased at the same time as the 85... If I hadn't been bitten by the Leica bug, I would be completely and utterly out of my mind to even consider selling these...

Save a $170 bucks and buy all 4.

LOL, but I already own the 50, and a couple of nice L lenses :)

and you know we are talking about shipping either to Germany or the UK...

the 85 and the 135 I would consider as portrait lenses on full frame ... but then again, money does not grow on the trees here ;)

LOL, but I already own the 50, and a couple of nice L lenses :)
and you know we are talking about shipping either to Germany or the UK...

For you Alex... I'd consider an exception... You didn't post here more than 8,000 times just to rip off a fellow member.

I've been screwed a few times shipping overseas. I just don't have the resources like some businesses.. to feel comfortable.

For you Alex... I'd consider an exception... You didn't post here more than 8,000 times just to rip off a fellow member.

I've been screwed a few times shipping overseas. I just don't have the resources like some businesses.. to feel comfortable.

Thanks! And I know sceptizism is the only way to survive in www trade .. sad to hear you had bad experiences.

I'll need some time to think about some of your lenses. I went to the shop today and had a llok at some of them. I am meditating ;)

So do not put your hopes too high, but I am still tempted.

Bumping this....

I"m very surprised of the little interest... especially with here that put a high priority on image quality. The 50mm and 85mm comes up pretty often.

Everything listed is still for sale.... lucky me the stuff I want isn't going up in price in January.

A problem might be that people just spent some money for Christmas.

The lenses are nice ones, no doubt!

yes... thats what I figured.

I am not in any hurry. I was in a hurry when I first posted (Leica announced a price increase 1/1/2008) but not any longer. My dealer looked up the lenses I would like to purchase and they are not slotted for a price increase. A lot of other items are increasing 5% which is a lot of $$ considering the cost of Leica products.

So I'm no longer in a hurry. Once I sell the 50mm, I should have enough cash for 1 of 3 lenses I have my eyes set on.

I might seriously consider that 50 once I get the paycheck my boss owes me(and has owed me) in.....

Most reactions

New Topics

Back