FOR SALE -- Nikon 35mm f/1.8G AF-S DX $150

Trblmkr

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Nikon 35mm f/1.8G AF-S DX

New $199.95, Sale $150 (This has only been used a handful of times, approximately 30 pictures taken with it. There is a scratch across the G that came from the factory like that, I didn't care since it has no impact on the performance of the lens.)

Review from Adorama

NIKON 35mm F/1.8G AF-S DX

You’ve browsed through a lot of 50mm lenses, but something tells us that you haven’t quite come across something as special as the NIKON 35mm F/1.8G AF-S DX. This lens (with an FX-format equivalent to 52mm) is a true one-of-a-kind, and you’re about to find out why:

Product Highlights

· A DX-format lens with a fixed focal length is a rare thing indeed, but you’re looking at it. The unique picture angle that results from using the Nikon 35mm is stunning, and even mimics the angle of another famous lens: the human eye.

· Accurate color reproduction and sharp imagery are key here, as is the near-silent autofocus that works “in the background” while you focus on each image as it comes.

· Lightweight, versatile, and affordable, this lens offers plenty of professional capability at “enthusiast” prices.

If you’ve ever thought that your photography is “missing something,” and you’ve never been able to quite put your finger on it, you might simply need to switch to a lens that’s as accurate to the imagination as anything we’ve encountered. The 35mm f/1.8 Nikon might be that lens for you.

Attachments

• 20151024 Camera Gear005.jpg
    20151024 Camera Gear005.jpg
    63.6 KB · Views: 154
Last edited:
I'm thinking about it.

Sorry, it's not for me.

Bump.

It irritates me that this is a prime lens yet doesnt transfer to a FF body.

Good luck and bump for you.

Thanks guys, I thought for sure both of my lenses would get snatched up quickly based on their performance and price. Fingers crossed I don't have to use these for trade in and lose more money on them.

Man, what a great lens. I sold mine 6 months ago, but sort of wish I had it back....

I love mine as well. I basically traded my 50mm MF for it. I think it's the sharpest lens I own, when I remember how to use it correctly.[emoji37]

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Uh! It does indeed transfer to a FF Nikon body, but it does project a DX size image circle, and it's only a $200 (new) consumer grade lens.
The vast majority of consumer DSLR buyers don't buy FF camera bodies.

I'm seriously considering snagging this...The only thing holding me back is: Can you estimate about how close I could be and still get a full body pose? I absolutely LOVE to use my 50/1.8 but hate having to be so far away. How much improvement/"closeness" would moving to a 35/1.8 give me?

I'm seriously considering snagging this...The only thing holding me back is: Can you estimate about how close I could be and still get a full body pose? I absolutely LOVE to use my 50/1.8 but hate having to be so far away. How much improvement/"closeness" would moving to a 35/1.8 give me?
Scroll down to the Dimensional Field of View Calculator. Plug in the appropriate numbers.
http://tawbaware.com/maxlyons/calc.htm

Uh! It does indeed transfer to a FF Nikon body, but it does project a DX size image circle, and it's only a $200 (new) consumer grade lens.
The vast majority of consumer DSLR buyers don't buy FF camera bodies.
Im aware, thats what I mean. It doesnt transfer properly. I already have a sigma 50 1.4 so having to use DX mode for this wouldnt be worth it. I want a 35 yet since I need a FF one I would have to spend at least like 700 which is the part that irritates me.

Most reactions

Back