For the old camera / film freaks

there are some really beautiful photos there :586::586::586:

Good photos, way cool. Major League Baseball used to be photographed with those monstrous plate-type reflex cameras! And some GOOD pics were made too. MLB has been around a very long time; research into early pictures from baseball's 1870-s-1910 era will have been shot with such cameras as that Graflex (I think that's a Graflex)

Those are fantastic. Love that first pick of him within the crowd of digital... talk about juxtaposition.

I know, film is dead, yada, yada, yada... but that is cool, and technically, very savvy. The shots are beautiful, unique, and not without challenge. Hopefully @limr will see this...

Thanks for sharing

Love these! Thanks for tagging me, jc. :)

can you suggest a mail-away 35 mm film developer? vin

Wow, way cool. Makes me want a 4x5 even more now.

Great to see he studied at Art Center. Not surprising that he is using large format film.

cameras for early car racing: the car wheels often the came out oval. shutter speeds, at max. were slow on graflex or even "box cameras", But, those cameras can be used today ! vin p.s. there were " roll film adaptors" for some of those smaller graflex, , but the cloth shutter roll, useing cotton thread did not the "test of time.".

Last edited:
Time to go look for a Graflex :)
But I have no idea where I can hide it from my wife.

I will bet that if anybody asked him what type of camera he was using, he could have said it was a prototype holographic project camera like they used it Star Wars. :bouncingsmileys:

Very few folks, even those telephoto junkies, are old enough to remember those old time wonders.

Interesting article, thanks for posting.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back