? For The Pro's

AnthonyB

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Im just wondering how you get those shots of birds in flight with crisp focus, I find making the focal point the bird extremely hard, I Keep missing it just a little because you just don't have enough time to adjust it and their gone ?

Do you use the auto or manual focus and what types of lens would you use for it ? Is it even possible with the lens that I have ?

Zuiko 14 - 42 mm F3.5 - F5.6
Zuiko 40 - 150 mm F4.0 - F5.6

Im just wondering how you get those shots of birds in flight with crisp focus, I find making the focal point the bird extremely hard, I Keep missing it just a little because you just don't have enough time to adjust it and their gone ?

Do you use the auto or manual focus and what types of lens would you use for it ? Is it even possible with the lens that I have ?

Zuiko 14 - 42 mm F3.5 - F5.6
Zuiko 40 - 150 mm F4.0 - F5.6

Sure that lens can do it. Use auto focuse with the bird taking up about 1/4 of your viewfinder or less actually and crop away. If you're not able to AF on it then use your MF and practise your panning.

Which focus mode are you using? Single, or continuous? And what type of focus area mode?

How many focus points does your camera have, and how many of them are cross-type focus points?

I am using single shot AF + MF with automatic focus area detection, as for focus points im not really sure im still pretty new to the whole dslr thing but I am using the a Olympus E-volt 410

Im still getting used to the MF and panning so I guess it will work a little better when i get used to that

area detection is not the best, as it hunts around for something to focus on.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back