For the same price each...which would you buy..?

jarnld

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Canon EOS rebel 300d (with kit lens) USED

or

Pentax IST DL (no lens) NEW

personally i would go for canon. but see which one you feel more comfortable with in your hands. also plan ahead of time with your budget for lenses and stuff.

You will get a wider range of lenses and often a better selection of used lenses with a Canon.

But other than that I don't know anything about the Pentax and can't formulate a better argument.

fair enough...thats what i am leaning towards also. Thanks

You will get a wider range of lenses and often a better selection of used lenses with a Canon.

But other than that I don't know anything about the Pentax and can't formulate a better argument.

Actually.. the selection with Pentax is FAR wider... Canon EOS line started in the late 80s... Kmount lenses have been around a lot longer.

In terms of lenses... You can purchase a whole set of Pentax Kmount manual primes really cheap and almost all of them will optically outperform similarily priced consumer level canon lenses.

Now in terms of higher end lenses and technology (IS, USM), Canon is definitely ahead of the game.

canon, but only because it comes with a lens. I used the DL and it is a nice camera especially for the money. If they both came with kit lenses I'd take the Pentax over the canon, but the extra cost of a lens has to factor in.

And anyone who says that canon lenses are way better is drinking the cool-aid.

You'll find Canon users who say L glass is unmatched, and you'll find Pentax users who swear by their limiteds. Shocker.

You'll find this no mater where you go, photographers are quite often set into whatever brand camera they have and thats that. I'm personally a canon person. So I'm suggesting the Canon for ya ;) Just got myself the XTi and am very pleased with it, even if I am stuck with the Kit lens!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back