For those who have upgraded from a D750 to a D850

Bottom line, the D850 is about pure image quality. If that is your primary need or priority (it is mine) you need a d850. The D750 is no match if you’re shooting landscapes and blowing the up for print, but if you’re a street shooter who only posts on the web, D750 is fine.

Personally, I’d never use a camera with a low pass filter on the sensor.
The D750 is a great camera for shooting people and for shooting in low light. It also has outstanding color so I really should be satisfied and for the most part I am. I have enlarged several prints to 20x30 and am satisfied with the results. I am mostly interested in the D850 because of the improved autofocus and the 45mp letting me crop more.

i know im late to the party, but i use the 750 and ive tested the 850, from what i learnt from my tests is you need super good glass for the 850 to take advantage of it fully, i found using the same glass resulted in softer images as the high resolution piked up more defects in the glass, so if you do get one be ready to also replace most your glass, for me im more into landscapes so it made no sense upgrading and why im sticking with my d750 and d610

Funny, as I bought mine strictly to do landscapes because of the larger file size. I do agree with the glass and I tend to buy the best I can afford for the need at hand. That said, I shoot the D500 coupled to the 200-500 for birding as with my set up, the focus lock is wicked. The D850 is still in the learning phase for me but so far, in image quality, preciseness in focus and the many new features like focus stacking, I'm pretty pleased overall and I think I've just barely touched the surface of this bad boy.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back