for those who like to lock themselves away and make their palms sweaty

ferny

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Website
www.blueyedmuffin.co.uk
So, E3 is happening and the big three are showing off their new toys. Anyone got any thoughts on them? So far the general consensus seems to be that the Xbox360 has been a flop and really needs to improve to take Microsoft forward, the PS3 looks and sounds like a mean piece of kit and the Revolution is still a mystery.

Xbox
PS3
Revolution

Ok, it's all a long way off (except for the new Xbox) but it still doesn't hurt to speculate. One thing I know for sure, I won't be getting one on release day like I did with the PS2. I'm going to wait six months or more so I don't have to see it selling at a MUCH cheaper price and hate myself for wasting money.

Yay! Wireless controllers!
That PS3 looks really good, spec wise... I dunno if I'd want something shiny and silver sitting on my lounge room floor. Hey but with wireless controllers you can hide it behind the tv!

I think they've talked about tilt controls. And I read that an employee has let slip that the pads themselves are pressure sensitive. IE, the harder you squeeze the controller the faster/further stuff on screen will go. Sounds like a good idea. Although if it's that simple I see a major flaw. You get stressed, scrunch the pad in your hand and the little fella you're controlling leaps into an oncoming train. :confused:

That is so something I'd do. I'm one of those people that twists their whole body whenever they're playing.. bit of yelling and shouting.
I haven't tried the Nintendo DS but apparently they've got voice recognition in it so when you yell something happens. That'd be pretty cool if it worked. PS is almost a contact sport for me. :lmao:

I think it was Nintendo. At least it was someone. I suspect it was there new (yup, another...) handheld, the Micro. Anyhoo, in the pre-E3 show they tried to show of its voice recognition abilities. It failed to work though. :twisted:

The PS3 makes use of Sony and IBM's new Cell processor.
It can conduct more floating point operations per sec then the XBox 360, which has 3 cores and 6 effective CPUs.
Wireless controllers are nothing new. In fact, you have been able to buy them for the PS2 for several years. A friend has them. Obviously not as good as the new ones, but is nothing new.
The PS3 will graphically and processing wise be much much better than the new XBox.

Most reactions

Back