The_Traveler

Completely Counter-dependent
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Website
www.lewlortonphoto.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Do you think that many photographers who would otherwise have opted for crop frame or full frame will go instead to m 4/3?

p1657420455-5.jpg

Last edited:
Dude has swag for days.

Mebbe that's his Momma's camera. :er:

Those knees speak of a man who needs to buy himself some knee pads!

Also is this journalist or portrait or general (since its clearly not a discussion ;))

Well, it sort of is a discussion.
Is the flight to M 4/3 inevitable for the majority of shooters?

Discussion need some - well - discussion; subject, content, words - stuff.

Pictures (whilst they might generate discussion) are for the galleries ;)

And from what I was aware the "M4/3rds flight" is more about photographers with DSLRs buying M4/3rds hybrid cameras instead of high end bridge cameras for their "lazy I'm not a diehard photographer today" mode.

I have yet to see comparable IQ from the 4/3's... compared to a good DSLR with good glass. That alone is adequate reason not to go there, IMO.

I have yet to see comparable IQ from the 4/3's... compared to a good DSLR with good glass. That alone is adequate reason not to go there, IMO.

So, the 'best' IQ is the only reason that pictures are good?
That is a pixel peeper sort of argument and really good in the abstract but it is clear that millions of pictures have been taken with equipment that has much poorer IQ than m4/3 affords.

Discussion need some - well - discussion; subject, content, words - stuff.

Pictures (whilst they might generate discussion) are for the galleries ;)

And from what I was aware the "M4/3rds flight" is more about photographers with DSLRs buying M4/3rds hybrid cameras instead of high end bridge cameras for their "lazy I'm not a diehard photographer today" mode.

That's rather dismissive and assumes facts not in evidence.
Maybe it's because people can get enough quality from the m 4/3 sensor and lenses without the penalty of weight and cost that dSLRs impose?

Looks like he is taking a picture with somebody else's camera. I know if I wanted a good picture with my P&S, I'd hand it to a photographer.

BTW: it appears as though his horizon will be off level.

........BTW: it appears as though his horizon will be off level.

He's looking at the action, not the camera. He's waiting for 'the moment'.

That's rather dismissive and assumes facts not in evidence.
Maybe it's because people can get enough quality from the m 4/3 sensor and lenses without the penalty of weight and cost that dSLRs impose?

Well I'll admit I don't have any hard sales facts - but from what I can see having lurked around forums and chatted to photographers its one of the primary situations. I don't see many downsizing their DSLR setup fully to a M4/rds setup. I know some (like yourself) have gone that path and I would think that those who do casual or travel photography can likely get the quality they want along with the added bonus of a smaller and lighter setup. Heck I suspect wildlife and hiking people will also be jumping for M4/3rds setups for their significantly reduce sizes.

I think its false to try and break this into a game where we try to work out the perfect sensor size for all photography - such a thing does not nor has it ever existed. Larger recording medium size has its advantages just as a smaller recording medium surface does. That is why we have soooo many different film and digital sensor sizes. Trying to battle it out for the best is just silly - large format film or digital is just not suitable for wildlife (just think of how massive and expensive a 400mm lens would be!) whilst its very very ideal for landscape work with maximum levels of detail.
The recent hybrid M4/3rds are really where its been the first serious move to smaller than APC sensor size in a modern digital camera whilst still being affordable.

So, the 'best' IQ is the only reason that pictures are good?
That is a pixel peeper sort of argument and really good in the abstract but it is clear that millions of pictures have been taken with equipment that has much poorer IQ than m4/3 affords.

It is one reason I choose not to go there.... When 4/3s can do what my D800 does... maybe! An image is a culmination of many things... IQ is just one of those things. I just don't care for the smaller sensor... and some of the other things inherent in current 4/3s design.

Then he is the only one looking at the action. The crowd isn't. My supposition is he is waiting for the family, and/or friend(s), and/or team mate(s) of the subject to get there and/or get settled into place. I've been asked to do the same kind of thing when shooting various sports.

Then he is the only one looking at the action. The crowd isn't. My supposition is he is waiting for the family, and/or friend(s), and/or team mate(s) of the subject to get there and/or get settled into place. I've been asked to do the same kind of thing when shooting various sports.

The crowd merely reacts to what it can see. A true pro knows when to look where. Since 'the moment' hasn't made it's apperance yet, they crowd has no interest.

Most reactions

Back