Forest last winter

abraxas

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I'm still digging through my backups recovering from a computer crash earlier this summer. Found this and thought I'd put it up for critique. Reminds me of cooler times. Still hot here.

480-3264.jpg

I like it, but part of me says that either I want to see a more wide angle shot or a closer shot of the fogged tree in the center.

Definately has atmosphere. And the atmospherics (the increasing fog with receding objects) are quite nice. Also, the slight warm tint (at least on my monitor) in such a cool (temperature-wise) subject appeals to me.

My main thought is that this one needs to be bigger so we can see it better :wink:

JamesD said:
Definately has atmosphere. And the atmospherics (the increasing fog with receding objects) are quite nice. Also, the slight warm tint (at least on my monitor) in such a cool (temperature-wise) subject appeals to me.

My main thought is that this one needs to be bigger so we can see it better :wink:

Here's bigger:

800-3264.jpg

Awsome! I actually thought it was BW until just now. Very nice. This is digital? Dollars to donuts says this would be an awsome print, digital or no.

I like it. Reminds me of home.

Thanks. Yep, digital. Nikon 990. I work in a little mountain town in Ca. I take off for the quiet places for lunch. I was eating a sandwich, chewing and staring off into space like I like to do and noticed it was really pretty. So I set up and took a shot- just the one.

I made a print on a 36"x 48" canvas that I liked very much. I sold it right away too. I wanted one for me, but the printer up the street found out he was not long for the world and folded up shop.

Anyway, I get sentimental about my photos and lose all objectivity. Some days I like them, some days I can't stand the sight of them. Finding this forum has really helped me get some perspective. I'm getting wrapped up about completing re-editing my 990 photos and getting into the work I've done with my d70.

I remember the mountains in CA--well, the foothills, really. I grew up there part-time. Nevada City, and Shingletown, up towards Mt Shasta and Mt Lassen. Some really beautiful scenery in the Sierra Nevada. I miss it.

I envy you. I'd love to make photographs like this, but I'm stuck in LA for the time being. And no, that's Lower Alabama LOL.

I, for one, would like to see more of your work, especially stuff like this!

Most reactions

Back