Forget megapixels

That sounds like one friggin fast computer.... wonder how that wold cut my post processing time?

Yes, but that is just a photo made up of multiple other photos. The photo giga chip that came out in 09 is still not in a camera yet and neither is the CMOS 3D chip either.

Both of those have considerable potential to change photography and society.

skieur

Its just a big stiched panorama. And from the blocky shadows on the left, it doesnt look stiched all that well... meh. I was hoping to see some crazy high quality satelite camera or something.

Its just a big stiched panorama. And from the blocky shadows on the left, it doesnt look stiched all that well... meh. I was hoping to see some crazy high quality satelite camera or something.

You oughta check it out. Things that you can't even see when the photo is zoomed all the way out, have surprising detail. For example, cars on the freeway are barely visible, but you can make out the license plate numbers and colors of the drivers' clothing when you zoom in.

I think it's pretty cool. Actually, you have to be zoomed all the way in to see the stitching. That blocky shadow may just be a result of the sun moving over the course of the hours that it took to take those photos. :dunno:

Yeh.. its not that interesting since they just stitched a bunch of photos. It doesn't seem all that interesting of a project... just a whole lot of effort.

To me.. this is the more interesting project:

Gigapxl Project

There was a 1474 megapixel 'count' in the Obama inauguration pan... a nicer pan than the blocky German one, albeit the lot of white sky.

Gigapix?:drool: How fine could a portrait be? A bacteria in the portrait would be visible.:lol:

Most reactions

New Topics

Back