Forgotten remains

Demers18

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.flickr.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Found these remains of what I think are from a cow. I went off the trail to "relieve" my self and thought it made a good subject.

On hindsight I should have removed the dead grass from around it but I still like it the way it is.

CC Welcome and thanks for looking.

7030236081_de0ef44711_b.jpg
[/URL] Forgotten Remains by lee.demers, on Flickr[/IMG]

It's not a chicken. Anyway, nothing compelling here for me.

Mike Lamb said:
It's not a chicken. Anyway, nothing compelling here for me.

Definitely not a chicken lol.

No worries, I know this isn't going to be something that is for everyone, although I'm curious to know if other people find it as interesting as I do.

Thanks for the CC

I think there may have been an interesting shot there, but I'm not sure that you captured it. There's rather too much dirt and "empty" space IMO.

tirediron said:
I think there may have been an interesting shot there, but I'm not sure that you captured it. There's rather too much dirt and "empty" space IMO.

I left that much dirt and empty space to give it more of an eerie empty feeling to the image as the remains were off the trail.
Maybe I should have chosen a different way to portray it.
Thanks for the CC

maybe a lower angle to show the trail concept, but it just looks like old roadkill at that level. if it were half buried or something then itd be a bit stronger imo.

apples said:
maybe a lower angle to show the trail concept, but it just looks like old roadkill at that level. if it were half buried or something then itd be a bit stronger imo.

Interesting thought. I agree, now that you mention it, seeing a part of the trail would have helped the composition.

Thanks for the CC

The dead leaf on the extreme left adds where as that towards top near the small bone subtracts.... i think this much space around is essential to create the feel of abandonment :D

I like the shapes and textures of the bones and the way their arrangement suggests some sort of letter or character, but agree about the surroundings not being that helpful. What I'd try is to select everything but the bones and darken it way down so you have just a little bit of texture left in it and the bones appear almost to float in space. This requires painstakingly careful selection, which may be a little easier if you do it in the original using a color range selection and then edit that - probably still a lot of work, but might be worth it. Oh, and I'd crop some on the right as well to make it more or less square.

I like the shapes and textures of the bones and the way their arrangement suggests some sort of letter or character, but agree about the surroundings not being that helpful. What I'd try is to select everything but the bones and darken it way down so you have just a little bit of texture left in it and the bones appear almost to float in space. This requires painstakingly careful selection, which may be a little easier if you do it in the original using a color range selection and then edit that - probably still a lot of work, but might be worth it. Oh, and I'd crop some on the right as well to make it more or less square.

Thanks for the suggestion Ken!

I'll definitely give that a try and post what I come up with

I would get my clothes dirty and take the lowest angle as possible, actually.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back