Forum posts being stolen?

Totally crazy in an amazing way. :D I just watched our IT guy, rip off my whole Smugmug website...templates and all using Firebug. :er::er: He is viewing my images on his computer as we speak.
Nothing is safe

I'm wondering, does he have access to the full size originals?

I'm wondering, does he have access to the full size originals?
Yep. Freeeked the sheeit out of me. :er:
The one thing that he said to do. In your customize area, dont show anything larger then say a 600 px photo as available, and he could not grab it. I adjusted all my galleries, and he was right.
He was able to see what I had in my CSS container, but for some reason could not read anything in the header and footer sections.

Yep. Freeeked the sheeit out of me. :er:
The one thing that he said to do. In your customize area, dont show anything larger then say a 600 px photo as available, and he could not grab it. I adjusted all my galleries, and he was right.
He was able to see what I had in my CSS container, but for some reason could not read anything in the header and footer sections.

Thanks- That's good to know. I'm pretty tight with what I display over there anyhow. I hate to ask another question, but are the grabs done with or without the watermarks intact?

The way Pete explained it, was , now I hope I can explain this right, cause Im not a computer geek. This program can basically breakdown the filed embedded within the smugmug templates. It somehow takes the codes within each container and narrows it down till it finds the embedded address for the photo files. He then just copied and pasted that file into this little box and there was my original file, larger then life on his big screen. It can only extact what you have available. So if you only set your photos to medium, it will only grab that, and anything smaller. If you have your stuff set to O, then it grabs that, and anything smaller.
It also depends on how you have your galleries set up. He could not get into my private galleries. If I can on Monday, I will ask him if he can somehow get me a sample and I will PM you what it looks like.
Hope I managed to get that out right. :er:

The way Pete explained it, was , now I hope I can explain this right, cause Im not a computer geek. This program can basically breakdown the filed embedded within the smugmug templates. It somehow takes the codes within each container and narrows it down till it finds the embedded address for the photo files. He then just copied and pasted that file into this little box and there was my original file, larger then life on his big screen. It can only extact what you have available. So if you only set your photos to medium, it will only grab that, and anything smaller. If you have your stuff set to O, then it grabs that, and anything smaller.
It also depends on how you have your galleries set up. He could not get into my private galleries. If I can on Monday, I will ask him if he can somehow get me a sample and I will PM you what it looks like.
Hope I managed to get that out right. :er:

Understood- You may be more of a geek than you suspect :) (It ain't so bad, speaking from prior experience before I got mildly cool).

It sounds like since the watermark is a transparent overlay it can be separated from the displayed copy.

Thanks for the bit on the private galleries. I have to submit some full size photos for a project, and at least can feel secure doing it through SM.

:thumbup:

I actually wanted to check it out :p...maybe I would find my other being lol

Ooh so close. Your troll had me going until the preposition without the secondary subject reference.

A 8.5 for enthusiasm (9.5 from the Finnish judge) but the poor execution brings the overall score to a meager 3.8.

Ooh so close. Your troll had me going until the preposition without the secondary subject reference.

A 8.5 for enthusiasm (9.5 from the Finnish judge) but the poor execution brings the overall score to a meager 3.8.
agreed lol

obvious_troll.jpg

Nevermind . . .I continued reading and I now see that they're no longer up.

Weird stuff.

Yeah they where pulled down the other day, I can't say thier idea of an appology is up to my standards but......some John guy ain't posting my threads anymore so I guess I can live with it for now.

Most reactions

Back