Forum Slow Down

pbelarge

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Has anyone noticed the forum photo threads seem to be slowing down uploading photos? Mostly if there is more than one photo...

It's hard to say what causes the fluctuation in posting. I don't stray much from "The Business District" because there is SO much to cover and I do have to spend some time working.

It seems to me that things slow down on weekends. I've also seen a rise and fall (several times) in the number of those who regularly post.

Sometimes I feel like the vast majority of posts is coming from newer younger members, or from older folks who have never posted an image of thier own.

It comes in spurts.

Oh well.

-Pete

Do you mean that the forum itself is taking time to display posts that have more than 1 image? Or that there are less and less people posting up images...

Generally things slow down and speed up - the controlers of this are sort of like the stockmarket in that nobody really knows ;)

Weekends are generally a lot slower for posts, but threads appear at about the same rate. Weekdays tend to be about average though things do tend to slow down in summer a bit - mostly as people are out dong stuff rather than hiding indoors from the cold ;)

Meh I've not noticed much if any slowdownin that respect - only when people post images of silly 3000pixels size and larger.

I did not mean the amount of activity, I meant that there are times the upload is quite slow compared to what it was just a few months ago.

Sometimes I feel like the vast majority of posts is coming from newer younger members, or from older folks who have never posted an image of thier own.
Oh well.

-Pete

HEY!
I resemble that remark. ;):mrgreen:

Most reactions

New Topics

Back