fototime/studio and ICC profiles help needed

Meemster

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Hi,

I'm opening an online storefront using fototime's fotostudio and need some help in regard to ICC profiles. I've scoured the fototime website for info on ICC profiles and all I've come up with is their printers produce "best results when images are profiled with the sRGB profile". I've been shooting for a long time but am really new to ICC profiles. I use an EyeOne monitor calibrator, Digital Photo Professional (raw conversion) and Adobe Photoshop CS3 (primary editing). Can someone please help me out? I'm looking for a basic step-by-step guide on how to apply an ICC profile to my images so that when prints are ordered from FotoStudio the photos are as close as possible to what I see on my screen.

I realize I'm very new with ICCs so please bear with me. Thank you in advance. I would really appreciate help with this.

You need to request fototime send you their printer ICC profiles to use for your soft-proofing. They should be your best resource concerning their ICC profiles. If they aren't..........

EyeOne creates the profile, based on the calibration... thats the obvious part. The profile can be any valid name you call it, let's say "123.ICC".

In PS CS3, when you save the JPG, it uses the current EyeOne profile or you can choose to save it under the default, sRGB profile by just clicking into the box.

I hope you understand that the ICC profile is for viewing, not printing. Depending on what printer it is going to be printed on, a PRINTER PROFILE is needed, and that is different from the *.ICC file function.

I am no expert in this, but this is how I see this.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back