Found: interesting new angle at racetrack

Olympus8MP

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
thecodesource.solarbotics.net
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
This weekend at the dragstrip, I was experimenting with interesting new angles near the track, and came up with this:

1 - Plymouth

p787481469-4.jpg

2 - Buick GS

p825001432-4.jpg

3 - Camaro Z/28 (same angle, but I couldn't resist, this car is beautiful...)

p790399139-4.jpg

Album link is here, with some other shots, including my newer attempts at panning.

What do you guys think?

I like the first allot. I think it's cuz it's a red car and really catches my eye..second doesn't do a whole lot for me and third just didn't burn enough rubber ;) I think its a cool perspective though!

Yes, the first one is my personal favorite too. It helps that the car is indexed at 10.27... When I saw that one, I thought, I have to try some more of these! :D

Yeah good Angle but I'd avoid over using it. I like the camaro the best probably because of the contrast of the white against the track.

1. Looks visually quite nice and different - however, can you find a vantage point, a bit lower than where you shots these frames from, so that you can get the faces and racing-dresses of the drivers ?

2. Can you find a starting line behind the car(s) ?

the above to combined would make great compositions !

1. Looks visually quite nice and different - however, can you find a vantage point, a bit lower than where you shots these frames from, so that you can get the faces and racing-dresses of the drivers ?

2. Can you find a starting line behind the car(s) ?

the above to combined would make great compositions !

For #1, that would be difficult to do. There is only one walkway over the track, and it is right over the starting line.

And for #2, the starting line is actually in front of the cars at this point. They are doing their burnouts before staging at the starting line. The burnout helps to heat and clean the tires before racing. These cars are putting down so much power (hint: that 10.27 on the plymouth's windshield is its quarter-mile time in seconds, and many of these cars are 700+ HP), they need all the traction they can get! :)

Most reactions

Back