Found my Polaroid! :D

PolaRAVER

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
A few months ago I found my Polaroid 600 OneStep Closeup! Seems like such a silly thing to be excited about, but in this digital age my Polaroids are my most enjoyed images. I find that I never go beyond editing and saving my digital images. Soooo, I look up film prices and GASP! I am still really excited about it though. I have been looking into The Impossible Project film, and other things you can do with Polaroids. If anyone has any ideas, hit me up! I recently found some references about Time Zero film and image manipulation. I hope to try that. My kiddo (5 yo son) loves to take pictures too so maybe we can learn together and with the Polaroid back in action actually get our images exposed (haha....okay bad joke.)

When my daughter was 6 she would accompany me to the Camera shop and announce "My favorite camera is Polaroid".

As expensive as Polaroid film is these days, you might look for a Polaroid SX-70 for the Time-zero film. Time-zero film will not work in your 600.

Peel-apart Polaroid "type" film is made by Fuji and will work in the older Polaroid peel-apart cameras. You can do dye-transfer with it. The old "Saturday Night Live" credits were Big on manipulated Polaroid.

Peel-apart Fuji film is much cheaper than the $3 Per Print price of the Time-Zero and 600 film from the Impossible Project.

I have a SLR680, SLR690, SX-70 and Polaroid 180. I still use a Polaroid C-4 Oscilloscope camera in the Lab.

Welcome to the site.

Thanks for the tips! I was under the impression that instant Fujifilm was not compatible with Polaroid cameras. I was looking at some of the SX-70s on ebay and online manuals to learn more about the camera. Money is an issue at present, so I have to stick with what I have (600 OneStep), save, and do my homework so I know what to save for. :)

Thanks IceCanAm! I've been following a band out of Iceland, Of Monsters and Men. Super excited if they ever hit my home state!

FP-100C | Fujifilm Global

Fuji has there "Instax" line that is "integral" (one piece) like the Onestep's 600 film.

They also make color print and black and white in "peel-apart" format that fits the 100 and 200 series Polaroid cameras without a problem. The Timers in the back of the 300 and 400 series cameras are in issue.

Polaroid cameras - the older ones, are inexpensive. "Thrift store finds" a few years ago fill a box in the closet. The battery can be a bit hard to find, but they are easy to convert to use AAA batteries. I need to convert a couple.

Hello and welcome aboard!

Welcome to TPF! :) You'll be able to find some film for that Polaroid, but it won't be Time Zero...long since discontinued. It still pains me to say it, but that won't be coming back. Try following along with the adventures of the folks at The Impossible Project for other compatible film types. At least they're trying to keep a memory of Polaroid alive!

I think it's great to get your little one involved in photography. :thumbup: Enjoy the forum!

Most reactions

Back