brighteyesphotos

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.brighteyesphotos.net
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
http://www.10eastern.com/foundphotos/foundphotos.php?galleryNum=129&page=2&tn=

This link was posted on another board I frequent and I keep seeing all sorts of things wrong with it. But yet... at the same time, it is fascinating, a little glimpse into strangers' lives all over the world. Then I go back to, these images were taken from people's computers through filesharing programs.

"
". . . The Found Photos started earlier this year while using a filesharing program. I was searching through someones shared file list
and saw a folder named 'pictures'. peer to peer software like kazaa, dc++, soulseek, winmx, bearshare, limewire and many others allow you to download . ."
. . .

Above was taken from the website. The owner admits to downloading these pictures from random computers. Part of me is going through to make sure there are none of my stuff in there because I did have Limewire at one time (although I had turned off the option for people to download from mine). The other part of me is going through it out of boredom and curiousity.

This website touches on all sorts of privacy and copyright violations, doesn't it? I'm thinking more privacy than copyright since I haven't seen anything with watermarks or copyrights on them.

The people using the P2P programs didn't specify which folders they would allow uploading from. By not being wise enough to choose what is allowed they most likely have allowed the entire world to have access to either their entire hard drive or at least their entire "My Documents" folder which would most likley be the default setting for the program.

So sucks for them, huh? I have to admit, I have found some humorous shots, a lot of "WTF?" and some great pictures and some really crappy snapshots.

So, if anything, let this serve as a PSA. If you use a P2P program, double check your settings.

I love the cut off heads. That's fantastic.
I would be FURIOUS if my pictures ended up there.
The old P2P program I used to use wouldn't let you narrow down your folders. It was always 'My documents'. I noticed that someone did take a picture that was a friends who's also a photographer.
It was a rather... revealing picture and she'd be P'D OFF is she knew. So I changed programs and created a special folder just for what I download and anyone can take anything from there.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back