Found Possible Undeveloped Film / Type K-25 Aircraft Camera

kbohannon

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Hello, I'm a new member here and thought this would be the right place to post this. Today at an antique store I came across this Aircraft camera in a military section of the store and discovered there were two rolls of film possibly a third still inside the camera and was wanting to know the proper way in seeing if this film has been exposed or developed but I do not want to open the canisters until in the correct lighting. I know there is film in the canisters by gently shaking them, one appears sealed by medical tape.

What would the proper lighting needed to check these safely and if they aren't developed where would one have these sent off to be developed properly?

Many Thanks,
Kegan

Attachments

• IMG_5259.JPG
    IMG_5259.JPG
    1.8 MB · Views: 239
  • IMG_5261.JPG
    IMG_5261.JPG
    1.9 MB · Views: 250
  • IMG_5262.JPG
    IMG_5262.JPG
    1.7 MB · Views: 231
  • IMG_5263.JPG
    IMG_5263.JPG
    892.7 KB · Views: 244
I'd reach out to this guy. He is cool. If you can't figure out how to email him, let me know. I know him. He will probably develop for you and make a video about it. Or he may offer to buy it even

Azriel Knight

The nly way to check whether it's been exposed is to open each up IN TOTAL DARKNESS, cut some off and have it developed. If it hasn't been used, you might get a few bucks out of it on fleabay.

There is NO SAFELIGHT for 99.99999% types of film.

The canister that is still taped probably contains exposed film, but since somebody has already removed the tape from the other canister, that film could have been fogged (light has gotten to it) by curious antique hunters. It might also still have some images, if the explorer has not unrolled the film.

Any film in the camera is going to be highly questionable about any residual images. At some point in the past, someone has probably opened the camera, thus fogging the film.

Most film cameras were intended to take up the exposed film on an empty spool, and the tail end of the film would include a length of paper which would also be wound onto the takeup spool, and fastened to keep light from getting to the film.

Try winding the film completely onto the takeup spool before opening the camera. I say "try" because it might be so brittle with age that it will not wind, but break instead.

But there might not be any film in the camera to have to be concerned about.

Clean it up and put it on display.

Last edited:

Most reactions

Back