"" FOUNTAIN FALLS/ FILTERED LIGHT'

Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
This shot taken with a lot of sun filtering through the trees... Actual ray of sun hitting on fountain section of the fall itself, which drew me to take the shot...

Was unable to control the light for cotton candy effect of water, so went with a more normal look

Does the shadows from light, in overall pic, rocks etc. weaken the shot,
Do you like the effect of a normal flowing fall/ minus cotton candy effect..

Overall critique on photo appreciated, let it rip..

fountainone.jpg

I like the softness, I like the flow. I don't like the boring foreground when the water is clearly the subject. Cut off the bottom 20% and see if it's not better.

With all due respect, I find this picture OK but boring. There isn't any element that would make me want to look at it again.

Well I guess boring never entered my mind, gotta admit.... but three for three in the jury above on boring, so guess it must be boring,,,

So, can I throw this one at the jury on boring?? or any other critique...

Taken last Fall, exhibit B, can I redeem myself??, or are we bored yet?

Sheffieldautumncopy.jpg

Thanks Shane... must be the lighting lol.. I thought the first pic had some , hmmmmmmmm unique filtered light, and the ray on the fountain itself hit me.. but sounds like you agree it is boring also lol... so thats four..for four..

Nothing wrong with that lol.. First shot was more of hmmmm, lets call it a hunch shot.. where I tried to make something work ( LIGHT ) and apparently it didn't lol... second shot lighting was there, only I could screw it up, taken on a day where timing was considered for lighting..

thanks for commenting!

#2 is much better.

I think the difference in the two is mainly one of lines. The first is very linear - the water travels in a straight line. It looks (to me) like one of those fake waterfalls from Home Depot.

In the second the water is moving all over the place. I think it's the chaotic movement in the water that makes it more interesting.

gtkelly.... I hear what your saying... and makes sense.... its the bold look of the water vs a subtle maybe more relaxed look on #2...

This is why perhaps, waterfalls portrayed in a cotton candy effect are preferred over a natural flow ??

and Thank you for stopping in !

1st one:
I really like it, I like the colors and the softness. I personally like the foreground.

2nd one:
Better, because there is more action and movement.

Most reactions

Back