Fountain

Mithlondor

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
photo_zoom.gne

So, this shot was a result of me messing around with my new pentax 67.
Im not 100% sure about the composition, the 6x7 image format is kind of giving me fits still. Also, how much does the tilted background negatively affect the image? And what can I do about it, given um...geographic limitations?

Thanks for your input.

Christian

lol! I like the angle of the fountain! I love the water rolling off the fountain...

The focusing in the back does take away from it though...

yeah i agree, the splashing water was nicely captured, it would have been more interesting if it was a more dramatic splash

I hadn't noticed the tilting until you mentioned it. I assume it is not practical to retake the photo (there's nothing about the fountain that suggests a correct orientation to the viewer). You could do some cropping to reduce the effect of the tilting: on the right so that the right-hand edge of the building is cropped out, or on the top so that less of the building is shown to give away the tiltedness.

i would have liked to see the fountain more in focus but the concept is good.

Nice picture, but honestly, my eye goes to the background more than the water. You might want to crop it so you can't see so much of the background.

Oh, my sig is helpful.

Yeah, I agree that the tilting is distracting, and also agree that you should crop it closer to the water itself to really get the viewer to look at the water. Interesting shot, I like it.

Thanks a lot for the advice. I cropped the image and it looks a lot better! Sorry for not posting an "after" shot, but the only scan i have of it atm is the 2400 dpi 50 MB scan and thats a bit big for here :)

Most reactions

Back