Four Faces of Casey

SCraig

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Website
sc-photo-tn.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
My cat Casey told me that he wants to get into show business (it will never work since he seldom gets off his window seat long enough to go hunt for a job) and needed some portrait shots to put in his portfolio. I told him I wasn't very good with portraits but he insisted that I'm a lot better than my other cat Sophie. I agreed to do what I could so he plunked himself down on my desk and told me to go for it!

His "Normal" personality:
2012-08-18-02.jpg

(I told him if he wanted his "Normal" personality then we needed to get a food bowl in the shot and he asked if my camera was cat-pee-proof.)

His "Introspective" personality (yeah! Like that happens very often):
2012-08-18-01.jpg

His "Dramatic" personality:
2012-08-18-03.jpg

His "Sensitive" personality:
2012-08-18-04.jpg

(I told him that he's about as sensitive as catcus underwear and he warned me to never turn my back no my camera or it was toast!)

Yeah, I know the light is mixed and the background is distracting. I had an incandescent desk lamp camera right and a bounce card on my flash. He wasn't interested in moving somewhere with fewer distractions and said "Just shoot them, human!"

Somehow I don't think this is going to work. My understanding is that it takes some effort to get into show business and the only time he's put effort into something is when his food bowl is sitting on the table and he has to jump up to get to it. But, he's my buddy and I'll humor him for a while ;)

I LOVE pic 3... the subtle mix of dramatic lighting with the "what in the bloody hell are you doing?" expression in the cat's eyes... pure magic, at least in my not so humble opinion

I LOVE pic 3... the subtle mix of dramatic lighting with the "what in the bloody hell are you doing?" expression in the cat's eyes... pure magic, at least in my not so humble opinion
Thanks, that was my favorite as well. I shot 26 frames before he decided enough was enough and stomped off (yes, cats most assuredly CAN stomp off!) and that was the one I liked best out of the bunch. He's only about 18 months old so patience and staying in one place are not high on his priority list ;)

Glad you enjoyed it.

SCraig said:
My cat Casey told me that he wants to get into show business (it will never work since he seldom gets off his window seat long enough to go hunt for a job) and needed some portrait shots to put in his portfolio. I told him I wasn't very good with portraits but he insisted that I'm a lot better than my other cat Sophie. I agreed to do what I could so he plunked himself down on my desk and told me to go for it!

His "Normal" personality:

(I told him if he wanted his "Normal" personality then we needed to get a food bowl in the shot and he asked if my camera was cat-pee-proof.)

His "Introspective" personality (yeah! Like that happens very often):

His "Dramatic" personality:

His "Sensitive" personality:

(I told him that he's about as sensitive as catcus underwear and he warned me to never turn my back no my camera or it was toast!)

Yeah, I know the light is mixed and the background is distracting. I had an incandescent desk lamp camera right and a bounce card on my flash. He wasn't interested in moving somewhere with fewer distractions and said "Just shoot them, human!"

Somehow I don't think this is going to work. My understanding is that it takes some effort to get into show business and the only time he's put effort into something is when his food bowl is sitting on the table and he has to jump up to get to it. But, he's my buddy and I'll humor him for a while ;)

I absolutely loved the story....I can imagine him telling you that.
The images were great as well

I absolutely loved the story....I can imagine him telling you that.
The images were great as well

Thanks, Rosy. He's 18 months old so he is at the "I'm The King Of The World!" stage of his life. He was orphaned or dropped or something and lived on the street for a while. He used to come up to the office where one of my friends works and beg for food, and after several days my friend asked if we would take him. I think he still has flashbacks of that time of his life because he'll be sleeping and suddenly jerk awake and look around to make sure everything is still there. He's my buddy and I wouldn't trade him for anything though.

He is cute. The story is nice. Photo 3 IS the best of the bunch (though I like your "introspective Casey", too), and my cat (meanwhile an elderly lady of 11 1/2) would show the best of her personality WITH a food bowl in the photo, too! ;)

He is cute. The story is nice. Photo 3 IS the best of the bunch (though I like your "introspective Casey", too), and my cat (meanwhile an elderly lady of 11 1/2) would show the best of her personality WITH a food bowl in the photo, too! ;)
His "Introspective" self usually worries me because it means he's trying to think of something to get into, and that usually means I have to clean it up. I came home from work one day last week and there were remnants of a magazine EVERYWHERE. He, of course, was asleep in the window looking completely innocent.

We have an adult female cat of about 10 years as well, and Casey drives her crazy sometimes. Her goal in life is to sleep as much as possible. If she's awake the reason has something to do with food. Casey loves to wake her up, and the chase is on.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back