Frame it and Hang Help Please.

...$59.99. While that's not cheap I have had meals that cost more (for 1 person).
I can absolutely see that per person depending on location and occasion. I think the wife and I paid about $110 per person at a restaurant in DC... :icon_crazy: Granted, it was our fault for picking one of the fancy restaurants... and that bottle of wine didn't help... :spank:

On top off a good tip,yes its expensive eating out.

I think this would look great on metal! I just had my first one done through aluminyze and I'm very happy with their quality (previously used bayphoto, started having some issues with them). I would brighten this up by a 1/2 stop before sending it off to be printed though. Nice image!

Ah just the man I was going to ask when I got around to it.I am glad you mentioned bay photo, thats where i was looking before the over whelming confusion kicked in.Thanks.

Ah just the man I was going to ask when I got around to it.I am glad you mentioned bay photo, thats where i was looking before the over whelming confusion kicked in.Thanks.

Bayphoto was great for like a year, but in the last few months I've had several prints come back way too dark or with defects on the metal surface (which they now claim are inherent to the process of printing on metal :76:). I literally received my first metal print from Aluminyze this morning, and it looks amazing. I always go with the glossy finish on white. The mat finish is a little flat looking for my tastes, and the finish where you can see the metal through the image is kind of cheesy, in my opinion. It doesn't work for every image, but I think this would look great on metal

Gorgeous photograph.

I've done submissions to juried exhibits and white/off white mats with black frames are usually the standard for display, and what came to mind is that I think that would work beautifully with this.

I have mats on hand in varying shades of white and ivory (since they aren't all that expensive) and print my own photos (usually glossy which would probably look nice with the water); I need to see which shade mat works with a particular photo. I'd probably go with a plain black frame, maybe a smooth finish rather than textured wood grain since there's so much 'texture' in that water in the photo.

I just find I don't want the mat/frame to detract from the photo but blend and enhance it.

The photo you want to print looks to have been cropped to a non-standard aspect ratio that is very rectangular - and not the same aspect ratio as an 11 x 16.
16 / 11 = 1.45 - Meaning the long side of an 11 x 16 print is 1.45x longer than the short side. Plus a landscape format print would be a 16 x 11.

AspectRatioChartv2-1.png

That will work,Thanks keith.

I didn't think of it early but I called the camera store closest to me and they do prints but they send them out. They have Samples to look at so that should give me an idea and they may recommend something as well.

Seeing samples sounds like a good idea. I was thinking after I posted that I'd probably have a smaller size print like an 8x10 done if I wanted to try out a different product (I've gotten sample packs of paper to try before I need to print something important).

Most reactions

Back