Frame your own photos...?

I have a good friend that is a framer. Can't speak for her, but if you contact me, I will put you in touch with her. Perhaps she can give you some advice.

this is a very good thread. I was thinking about making my own frames and matte and this is all very helpfull. Will keep an eye on this thread :)

Doesn't anyone else mat and frame their own photos? I guess since most prints are fairly small, say 8 X 10, it is fairly cheap to buy them. My frames are all rather large and can cost about 300. to have a framer do....soooo I have to do it myself.

What size frames do you use?

Johnboy, it only took me one trip to the framers. SYKES3

I've been framing my stuff for a while and was buying pre-made 11 x 14 frames from Michaels any time they had a sale. It came with a matte that reduced it down to 8 x10, too. Usually about $10 on sale. Now I've gotten posters and such that are larger sized, and have started printing square enlargements from my Rollei, so those are harder to find pre-made frames. I buy matte board and frame kits, mount the picture on the front of the matte board, and frame it that way. It doesn't look as good as a cut matte, but it's close enough for me. I am looking for a matte cutter on ePay, though, so we'll see what happens..

Most reactions

Back