Framed Shot, Please Critisize

can you explain to me your thought process on why you took the shot?

For me, my first response is ... why take this shot? It must mean something to the photographer because to me it seems like a bunch of non-exciting framed barrels.

but, if there's something else to it - it might change my perspective of it.

I thought it was a unique shot since it was shot from a very strange point of view. I was thinking, man, your life must suck if that all you see when you look outside.

The window is a little crooked.

the pic is a bit crooked and i may have lost some effect do to that i may have cropped it a bit too much and i took the shot just because i wanted to what would happen and the effect it had, im just trying to find new effects and ways to take shots thats all

i like it. its calm. not all photographs have to be exciting. just my opinion of course. the picture reminds me of a man who loves his life just the way it is witout all the glam and excitement. a man who is happy to live a "boring life" just my take.

I like that it's in B&W, I like the framing, I like that the framing is not straight, I like that is not very high contrast, and I like that "it is just some barrels". It reminds me of a photograph taken during World War 2 by someone in the armed forces documenting some little known town in Europe. It's kind of cool that way.

While photos need not necessarily be exciting all the time, I feel they should be engaging of sorts in order to be a good photo. Something should keep you looking at it.
A photo taken through a window as frame-in-the-frame is an interesting concept. No doubt.
But even beyond that additional frame as key element to the photo, composition should be so that it keeps the viewer, makes him look more.
In this photo I feel it does not really happen.
All in all it is very little contrasted, more grey all over, the sky is a non-descript white with no detail at all, and while I do like the sense of perspective given by the leading lines of the buildings to the left and the right, which even allow for the barrels to be placed in the very centre of your frame, that sky and the overall softness and greyness of this photo make me not look at it for long.
Sorry.
But this is Photo Critique.
Read the subtitle for this forum and you will understand why I so openly speak my mind.

(Multiple postings of the same photo in several forums to get more attention is being frowned upon, mind you.)

Most reactions

New Topics

Back