Frames in Gimp?

Alexandra

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Hey! Does anyone know how to frame a picture in Gimp? I tried the PS technique that Meysha suggested and which consisted in enlarging the canvas size, but in Gimp, it just gives a checkered background...
Any ideas?

thx.

The checkered background is how the gimp shows empty space. Try increases the canvas size, put an empty layer underneath your picture (typically the picture you are working on is "background" and can't have anything under it so copy it and delete the original) and on the empty layer below select the color you want the frame and drag and drop the color from the main panel into the empty layer

EDIT: 1,438 *cough*spammer*cough* :)

just by curiosity, how much time it took you to figure this all out?

and thanks a whooole lot for this, i'm sure you just saved me an incredible amount of time.
MY HERO!!!!! :hail:

oh, and for the posts: you're just unhappy cause i beat you, dear :p

I have no idea really, I just learned it sometime.

Yeah, playing around in the Gimp is a speciality of mine, feel free to ask all the questions you want.

Lastly, I didn't start a thread about myself so....
And I'm just to busy to post lately, with the new Zorki and all :D

Ha! so you finally bought that zorki! I was wondering when you'd stop asking stuff about it and just get the damn thing. :D
How d'you like it?

Alexandra said:
Ha! so you finally bought that zorki! I was wondering when you'd stop asking stuff about it and just get the damn thing. :D
How d'you like it?
I just started a thread, I like to make sure I know what I'm getting, that's all :)
It actually turns that a low bid one me an auction on a zorki-1 that I thought i would be outbid on after I had bought a zorki-C. So I have two of the damn things.

Its interesting, the film loading is a pain, you have to use two viewfinders, no light-meter, film advance is really slow. However, it makes up for it all by being quite and having a collapsable lens. Its great to just push the lens into the camera and have it fit in a pocket. So small :)

2 zorkis? well, that's nice. now you can be Zorkiman (Gimpman didn't have the same ring to it)

I think my grandfather had one of these... twas a fun thing to use.
I still use a Zenit ET. so i know what you mean by pain. even physical. cause with this one, before you can take the film out, you have to twist the shutter and it usually gets stuck and i bruise my fingers every time. so long live my point and shoot.

so, i'm glad you're glad with the camera! any pics coming up soon?

Most reactions

Back