Frankfurt am Main (Germany) at sunset

virginie24jb

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Website
www.flickr.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I went to Frankfurt, Germany yesterday. After enjoying a few hours at the airport looking at the planes taking off and landing, we went downtown for sunset. I was so disappointed to see all these cranes but we got a nice sunset anyway with a gorgeous sky.

_mg_0641_lr_tagged.jpeg

_mg_0680_lr_tagged.jpeg

_mg_0689_lr_tagged.jpeg

_mg_0714_lr_tagged.jpeg

_mg_0719_lr_tagged.jpeg

I like the third one the best! Something about the blue sky and the clouds, and love the reflections.

Only thing I see, is they all look a little soft. Assuming these are long exposures? Maybe you had some camera shake? Maybe it was windy?

Thank you.
They are all 15 or 20 second exposure except for the first one (5 sec).
I was on a bridge that moved every time a car was passing. I would wait for the red light but even if there was a pedestrian, there was a little bit of shake on that old bridge. Also I realized this morning (too late... :grumpy: :lol:) that I had forgotten to switch off the IS on the lens. :thumbdown:

From my point of view, cranes are a good thing.

My favorite is #3. Good balance, good composition. It needs just a bit of straightening.

Cranes mean building, and building means prosperity.

I used the longest verticals near the center of the photograph (the tall buildings). I found that according to my grid, #3 was off by 0.9 degrees.

Wow has Frankfurt changed since I was there last (1995)

Beautiful shots!

I'd like to visit Germany one day, though the country side I think.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk

Beautiful. They're all stunning, but I'm really drawn to that last one. Well done.

Sent from my iPhone

We're going to see our son in the US Army in Grafenwohr next year. Our flight will most likely be to Frankfort. It looks like a beautiful city!

Sorry to go against the flow but I think these are way oversaturated.
At this small size it is impossible to see the details but my guess is that they are lost.

I'm with Lew here

Most reactions

Back