Fraud transactions against the unwary

passerby

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I read this thread since it first appeared. I waited and waited just incase it turn out well, hoping it would end in happy ending. But it did not. The transaction used PayPal too, believe it or not.

http://www.nikonians.org/forums/dcb...id=42017&prev_page=show_topic&gid=42017#42068

The next link is the front page of buy and sell at the Nikonian specific section. Have a look at the sticky thread with the word Failure to deliver, 3 of them.

Most of us are trust worthy individuals who are not made up of stacks of evil genes, but there always them in the midst of us. Be aware.

http://www.nikonians.org/forums/dcboard.php?az=show_topics&forum=137

did you know something like 1% of all ebay transactions are thought to be fraudulent? Makes you wonder considering the number of transactions that ebay processes daily.

I believe it Garbz I believe it, infact I bought items myself in the past few years from ebay. But my purchase from there so far were in the category "within the acceptable level". What I mean is the purchase is consider within my ability to absorb if the transaction goes wrong for whatever reason. My maximum limit now is $200, and I only make the purchase with reputable sellers. Beyond that I will try with utmost effort to deal locally.

If there is dissatisfaction with the purchase the return goods will do long distance yo yo's here. To me this kind of bussiness is not worth the headache.

When I purchase goods I must recieve the receipt as prove that the goods is mine and is under warranty. Unfortunately all the goods that I bought through ebay are recieved WITHOUT reciept, none.

Yep no surprise there. The only time I ever purchase some big ticket item is where it's clearly second hand and where the seller has 100% positive feedback. 98% is not good enough. If he makes 1000 sales in a year it means he possibly screwed 20 customers.

Things I would buy are things like an Nikkor AI-S 50mm f/1.2 (have my eyes on one now) or an expensive turntable which the seller noted was dinged on the side, and which I received with receipt and warrenty.

As far as I am concerned people who do things like buy the latest iPod off ebay because it's sold out everywhere locally the week before Christmas really deserve to have their money taken from them. Call it learning if you want just like you pay to go to school. It's a tax on stupidity.

Pay Pal will also only gaurantee up to a limit, and that limit depends on the account type of the seller, not buyer.

PayPal or CC is safer, but not much safer than sending cash/MO

Most reactions

Back