Freakin tape

doenoe

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.daanschouwe.nl
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I just made a video of my pet snake eating a rat (or so i thought) When i wanted to upload the vid to my computer, i first noticed there were stripes on the screen (big ones too) and in those stripes i could see the footage that was takin earlier on and taped over. And even later on i couldnt even see the snake footage anymore, just my nephew swimming when he was just 1 year old. Really cute to see, but not excactly what i had in mind.
I thought i had shot some nice bits, but i wont be able to show it too anyone.
And now i have to wait a whole week before i can feed her again. DARN IT!!

So, that was my rant for today ;)

You'll just have to buy more snakes, and feed them on alternating days... :p

Friend of mine has 10+ snakes right now and around August should be having a litter of little baby rainbow boas. I already called dibbs on the cutest baby.

At one point I had 8 or 9, but now I'm down to just 2. I think I'll stick with that for now :)

I just have my one snake (ball python) and 2 bearded dragons. Dont have the room for more.
Rainbow boa's are awesome looking snakes. I was looking for one some time ago, but they are pretty hard to find in Holland............or i was looking in the wrong places. Ah well, still got the Ball and its still growing and going strong.
Anyways, maybe a new feeding vind online next week :)

I never wanted to own a snake. I always thought with how reclusive they are in nature that they're probably miserable being in a glass aquarium. But I'm sure I'm thinking about it too much. Any snake would probably be happy getting a guaranteed meal. :)

My favorite kind of snake is the Black (Rat) Snake. They're very common, but they're just cool. They get really big, and they get rid of all sorts of mice, rats, and even other snakes (like Copperheads...). Plus, they're the most people friendly snake I know of. My friends' parents have one that hangs out in their yard a lot (named Sneaky). Sneaky's so used to my friend's dad that one day he looked down to find Sneaky had slid through the crack in his boots! Then when my friend's dad went to move, the snake didn't mind, he wasn't upset or anything. That's a cool snake, IMO.

So you have a real and true video camera, too, Daan?
Florian once tried to film Sabine's snakes back when they (still!) had (live!) mouse as their bi-weekly dinner, but with the video function of my Powershot, no more, which gives you 30 seconds of footage at the longest. It is his only entry to YouTube ever ... I might even find it somewhere? http://de.youtube.com/watch?v=f3Fzn69QwQ8 <- this is the one, but beware - it shows one animal KILLING another!!! No video of the actual devouring process, though (and to all: meanwhile the snakes have long become used to eating defrosted mice that we buy in big packets and which are in the deep freeze until it is feeding time).

I assume you are refering to VHS cassettes.

I have found the only relyable way to dub over them is to erase them by recording the tape in its entirity of nothing but a blank screen. I have casseettes that I have recorded over with content three or four times the suggested re-record limit that have perfect VHS quality doing it that way.

hehe ill just wait a week.....maybe more. Its getting ready to shed, probably wont eat then. Life is cruel :(
And i was taping with my camcorder which takes MiniDV. Then i wanted to put it on my HD with a firewire. But elas, tape screwed up.

hehe ill just wait a week.....maybe more. Its getting ready to shed, probably wont eat then. Life is cruel :(
And i was taping with my camcorder which takes MiniDV. Then i wanted to put it on my HD with a firewire. But elas, tape screwed up.

It seems most everyone who owns a snake has a constrictor of some sort (or a brightly-colored one. I think you should get a garden snake. They need love, too! :)

Or, if you got one of the Black Snakes (officially known as a Rat Snake), you'd have no problem with feeding time! :) My friend's dad saw one get into a fight with a Copperhead, and just take its mouth, and swallow the Copperhead. And they're nice to people, mostly!

Most reactions

Back