Free Inside!!

smithdan

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Once upon a time when we were very young, we fell for those wonderful prizes depicted oh so wonderously on the fronts of cereal boxes. Unfortunately, the steam and smoke belching locomotive pictured that we so avidly anticipated after digging around and spilling a good amount of product on table and floor, turned out to be, well, this...
IMGP6730es.jpg

Fast forward to 2006 or so..
IMGP1304es.jpg

Now, that's more like it. Too bad we aren't kids anymore.

The folks at Kellogg gave out plasticky film cameras as a promotion. I don't remember them doing so, found this one still sealed in its plastic bag in a thrift store for $1. Google research showed this one as well as Tony and the Froot Loops toucan.

IMGP5264es.jpg

IMGP5258es.jpg

Small but rather well made if a we bit flimsy, opened and closed with a screw. No specs, but shutter looked like around 1/100 and f11 would be a close guess. Nothing to do but finish off the RK's, load 'er up and shoot some pix.

IMGP1306es.jpg

The viewfinder was super oversized: what I saw..
Kel-1-002e1s.jpg

and what I got..
Kel-1-002es.jpg

hard to keep fingers away from the lens..
Kel-1-004es.jpg

was mildly surprised, other "toy" cameras I tried weren't nowhere near as sharp.
Kel-1-005es.jpg

Pointing it up did however cause a lot of vertical and barrel distortion. Our town's old water tower really is much higher than this.
Kel-1-010es.jpg

Fun.

That looks like great fun and a novel find.

Yeah if you can utilize the curved film plane, the simple lens is able to hold focus much better. An old trick with 616 and 620 but not often used with 35mm.

Most reactions

Back