Free Photo Retouching

I know something went wrong with her eyes... not exactly sure what it was, and in the end couldn't be bothered more :p (it's almost 4am in Denmark) Though I don't get what you're talking about with the pupils o0 Pretty much the exact same size, and pretty much haven't been touched o0

The issue with the eyes is that the eye to camera left seems to receive the same amount of light as camera right. The first eye is in shadow, but the catch light mirrors in both eyes. The camera left eye should be in shadow because it's under her hair. Because there is no shadow it provides the illusion that the eye is bulging.
olirbu

If you take a look at the two eyes, see how the camera right eye has very gentle shadows that help to curve it back into space? This eye is on the brighter side of her face and it still has some shadowing.

The irises are a different colour, but the pupils are the same size. The varying colour provides different contrast that gives the illusion that the pupil is larger in one eye.

It doesn't help matters that the model has eyes that are not symmetrical. The lines help show where key elements of the eyes don't match.

Peano... thanks for the explaination about MM. I will be spending a lot of time there to build up my PP.

Redid it, which I think worked out a lot better:

4c5c935363da9.jpg

Thanks a bunch for the informative replies!

Less is more imo, leave the drastic edits to the magazine fraternity, skin texture etc needs to look real to give the subject character, plastic doll like edits to me at any rate are a shambles and much like selective colouring should be resigned to the recycle bin. H

One thing I don't like in that retouch is the look of the hair particularly on the back of the head... the brush work looks a little heavy handed to me.. not bad overall though. Interesting to look at

Made a little youtube video of the first redo:
[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5maoFBMfQ-A[/ame]

Most reactions

New Topics

Back