Free photoshop tutorials - Request your own! ACR and HDR included.

UUilliam

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Last topic got poisoned

Okay I have decided to try imoprove my skills in photoshop a little bit more
and I am confident enough that I can teach people how to use photoshop

therefore, Request your tutorial (with a description)
and If i know how to do it, Ill make a video tutorial showing how to do it, step by step
I will also try show variations of different ways to achieve the same effect / speak about it.

required form:

Tutorial you want:
Short description:
Files (that you have taken) (to be attatched in an e-mail.):

Just email it to [email protected]
when I make the tutorial (possibly 1 - 3 days after request depending upon demand.)

I am looking for Photography photoshop related requests, but submit any request you want, ill tell you if i know how to do it or not.

Additional note: I would prefer if you could attatch the .RAW (it will only be used to make the tutorial, which will be made public, but will have your name credited.) i will not use it to print or such
Just think of it as an alternate payment for me making the tutorial instead of money (although i wont be using it for anything but the tutorial.)

Ill set up a space on my website and host the tutorials there
(until i use up all the space, in which case ill need to buy hosting / rely on donations.)

Update: Now I have elements trial.

Last edited:
quick question before i ask for a tutorial. do you have elements 7 that you can make tutorials for?

I use Photoshop CS4
But they are pretty similar i hear?
I could always download the trial version of PSE7 if needed.

I think there are some major differences still between elements and full photoshop - and even when elements offers certain features they are often in a limited manner.
It would be an idea to get a feel for what elements can/can't do since for many people full photoshop is far too expensive for them to get.

i have elements installed now, gunna have a quick look

btw? anyone know how to fix RSI ? in my wrist btw...
the type you get when you.. move your wrist up and down (that isn't the cause of this though ;), cause my wrist was angled at 90(degrees) for a long time (whilst typing)

Would like to get an idea of your work flow for adjusting pictures I guess mostly portraits? I use cs3 and my work flow is as follows. 1. duplicate layerand adjust image sixe to 300 and crop image.2. adjustments (shadow and highlights) 2.5 adjust levels 3. adjust curves 4.adjust hue and saturation 5. add 50% gray layer and dodge and burn 6.reduce noise and smart sharpen.7 50%gray layer filter noise and add noise .3 gausian blur overlay. Thats basically what I do maybe acouple other small things that I cant think of. Im very new to cs3 or even photoshop so any advice would be great. Thanks!

I dont have a work flow, I just play around.
but i never work on my original (duplicate image) is the VERY first thing i do,
then i put everything into seperate layers so if i decide i dont like something, i just delete that layer.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back