Freedom of Speech

themonko

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.justinkorn.com
Been away awhile, busy doing my thing...

I absolutley love this picture, but everyone has their opitions/views/ideas and would love to get some feedback and different views on this one.

Thanks!

001.jpg

Sorry, I don't get it. Can the ex-Presidents and stand on the can's lid to keep them there? Little too deep for me I'm afraid...

Contrast/tones are excellent in this photo. Great composition :thumbsup:

YESS!!! Excellent capture! Send it to Woodward!!! I get a very "working man crushing the media bs that currently surrounds our so called elected officials. I can not say that I read the book, but Bob Woodward is one of my journalistic heroes.

Critically; great detail and seperation of tones. I would crop some of the top and bottom off. The shape seems a little too vertical.

Thanks for all the positive feedback so far - looks like I have a winner.

railman44 - you can make what you want of it. The idea that you can't see the guy standing on the bucket gives the viewer the oportunity to decide what he is doing, saying, preaching.

craig - I agree the picture is a little long. I can't remember if I cropped anything or not. If it did, it would have been a little from the left ot get rid of some distracting components. As for cropping some of the top and bottom, I could potentially crop a very small little here or there...but I wouldn't want to crop too much as I currently like the balance of the picture. thanks for the suggestions and I will play with it and post if I make and significant changes.

Again, I appreciate the comments and more are always welcome... :)

cheers.

railman44 said:
Sorry, I don't get it. Can the ex-Presidents and stand on the can's lid to keep them there? Little too deep for me I'm afraid...
I don't get that at all. I see the bucket as a soap box of sorts. What the person standing on it is saying is irrelevant.

Oh ya, great pic!

I am dying to know how this ad for Woodward's book got onto the bucket. Was Woodward speaking? Was this a political demonstration?

On second thought maybe it is more fun to be guessing. Never mind...

Secretly; I have a desire to create two photo essays. Circus folk, political demonstrations. Both seem completely unattainable at this point in time.

Craig - I dont' even know anything about woodward or who he is, but If you want to know the story behind the picture, just say so...but if you want to stay in limbo, that is up to you.

I like the idea of the two photo essays...demonstrations always provide for good photo ops. Getting pics of cirucs folk is a little more difficult but would be fun to do.

Thanks again everyone for the feedback. Is there anyone else that would change anything about the picture? composition? angle? DOF? etc etc etc....

I like the pic just the way it is, it does what great pics are supposed to do, and that is to make you think and talk about it.

You could read a lot into it, and that is what makes it a great political pic.

Excellent job

Most reactions

Back