Freedom of Speech

ifi

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Just wondering how much freedom of speech this forum gives.

One of the thread was deleted and other locked because members disagreed with a person working for Adorama and refused to take help.

Since I cannot post link to the removed thread, here is the locked one: http://www.thephotoforum.com/forum/...o-gallery/208899-lastolite-alternative-2.html

Apparently we are better off accepting help from HelenOster or else our threads will be locked/deleted. Thank you Arch for helping Helen!!!

Keep in mind that this is a privately owned internet forum...and as such, there is no 'Freedom of Speech'.

Yes as Mike says this is a private forum and there is no such "freedom of speech". In the locked thread you note I get the impression that the lock is in place to prevent the thread derailing into a flame war - a flamewar that I expect would have targeted Derral rather than Helen; someone who I have seen online in several major forum communities as the Adorama representative and who I've only ever seen generally helping clients solve their disputes or answer queries with regard to Adorama. I've never seen her (or the B&H counterpart) openly advertising spambot style though, as they do from time to time recommend products to members that their companies sell.

... such a 'rebel' :lol: Only a temp ban, but i did ask nicely not to make a big deal out of it, and not only was 'ifi' rude to (as Overread rightly says) a respected and welcome member, but also wanted to make it public... so here it is all public, i hope it works out well for you. ;)

gee whiz , go make photos

TPF is a private forum that is why there is site moderators. Site moderators is like the police of the website if there is somebody disturbing the peace they have to take action.

I've never seen her (or the B&H counterpart) openly advertising spambot style though, as they do from time to time recommend products to members that their companies sell.
That "B&H counterpart" would be me, just for the record. Neither Helen nor I are spambots. I review this forum periodically and I get Google and Boardreader alerts which I check as soon as possible.

Sigh.

We should only count ourselves as lucky to have people like Helen and Henry, who work for companies that many of us regularly spend a good amount of money with, to actively help out on forums like this one and POTN. This is even when some post start out as accusatory towards either business as having bad customer service when the posters have failed to contact the companies directly in the first place.

When's the last time Best Buy did this for some one?
POTN pays it forward from Adorama Learning Center

Most reactions

Back