freelance work....

Id get the sigma 70-200 f2.8 instead of the Nikkor one, the quality is just as good for a lesser price tag.

I've been looking at that very lens, and hope to get one soon........just bought what I have now, so need to recover from that first.....then I'll drop the cash on the lens......

Id get the sigma 70-200 f2.8 instead of the Nikkor one, the quality is just as good for a lesser price tag.

While I do agree that a sigma, as long as it is a 2.8, is an acceptable alternative do not delude yourself into thinking the quality is the same.

While I do agree that a sigma, as long as it is a 2.8, is an acceptable alternative do not delude yourself into thinking the quality is the same.

Please be more polite in your posts, instead of insulting my intelligence why dont you produce a suitable counter argument. Secondly, I have used and own both lenses, and the quality is similar, i do agree that the nikkor is better, but not be a great deal so, it is too front end heavy on the light bodys, and you need a full frame to get the balance right, however, optical quality is top of its class compared to the 3rd party lenses, however what i meant is dollar for dollar, you are better off starting at the Sigma, because to be honest, untill you are working regularly, this lens is too highpriced to be cost effective. The Sigma 70-200 F2.8 with the HSM upgrade is a much better deal for money in this case.

Please be more polite in your posts, instead of insulting my intelligence why dont you produce a suitable counter argument. Secondly, I have used and own both lenses, and the quality is similar, i do agree that the nikkor is slightly better, but not a great deal so, for the high price tag on the Nikkor, the Sigma 70-200 F2.8 with the HSM upgrade is a much better deal for money in this case.
Hey All I said was the Nikon is better than the Sigma and aparently you agree with me so what is the problem with my statement???. By the way politeness is not a requirement if it wa there are alot of people on this forum with as many or more posts than me who would have been gone a long time ago. Besindes I am not sure where I was not polite I sad the Sigma was not better than the Nikon and you agree with me so where is the issue??.

While the independent companys may not be quite as good.
I swear by my Sigma 70-200 2.8. It's just my opinion , but the biggest difference to me is duribilty... Well aside from price!!

Canon, Nikon may be able to handle a little bit more punishment then the independent lens.

I'll take camera skills over a lens just about any day. I have had many images published. I shoot Canon, and have no Canon lenses.

Sigma 28 -70 2.8
Sigma 70-200 2.8
Sigma 135- 400 5.6
Phoenix 100 mm Marco 1:1
Tamron 70-300 5.6
ok I do have one Canon lens LOL 28 -80. a back up LOL

I swear by my Sigma 70-200 2.8. It's just my opinion , but the biggest difference to me is duribilty... Well aside from price!!

Canon, Nikon may be able to handle a little bit more punishment then the independent lens.

I'll take camera skills over a lens just about any day. I have had many images published. I shoot Canon, and have no Canon lenses.

O.k. for the third freakin time!!! a Sigma lens, as long as it is a 2.8 is a perfectly good alternative to the brand lens as long as it is fast. The poin I was trying to make is when you shoot freelance or anything for that matter for money it is imperative that you have a fast lens to do the best job possible in every situation. Doing work like this you never know what kind of situation you are going to be in from one day to the next and wht the lighting conditions are going to be and you want to maximise your potential. I am sure you do not want to be sent out on an assignment and end up with inadequate images because of a gear restriction. I lost my last job freelancing for a weekly paper because the guy I worked for told me I needed a fast lens or else. At the time I was starting shooting weddings medium-format so I ended up having to leave and the lens I keep recommending (70-200 2.8) is the one he told me to get, and it is the first lens I decided to get when I made the transition to digital.

Besindes I am not sure where I was not polite I sad the Sigma was not better than the Nikon and you agree with me so where is the issue??.

Just pissed me off when you said i was deluding myself off one post.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back