I am Big, I am Mike
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Website
www.mikehodson.ca
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
How was your week? What are your plans for the (long) weekend?

Our thoughts are with those on the Gulf coast...As for me, this has not been a great week. My mother was taken to the hospital by ambulance last Saturday, and she is still there. She has pretty sever asthma and she caught a cold...she then overdosed on her ventalin inhaler and gave herself a heart attack. She is doing better but still undergoing tests for both her lungs & heart.

On a better note, a friend of mine is getting married in Cuba next month, so they are throwing a huge party in lieu of a reception in October. Should be a great time and a well needed distraction.

sorry to hear about your mom mike, heres to a speedy recovery!

im going to wash my car this weekend and hopefully go out somewhere to take some shots.

also, i need to start planning a special trip to either denali or zion in the near future.

Sorry to hear about that, Mike.

Work is on the agenda for the weekend for me. Nothing special really. I'm hoping I'll have Monday off (not sure yet) for the holiday, and I want to do something special with my boyfriend, just not sure what yet. We don't want to drive very far, so we've gotta be inventive with things nearby...I kinda wanna do a picnic lunch somewhere.

Good God, Mike! :hug:: I hope she is on the road to recovery soon. Inhalers seem very benign but they are strong medicine...hope she feels better soon!

I've had a miserable week, too, but it's drawing to an end. Am happy my in-laws are safely in Houston now and just waiting for their stuff to arrive. Old house was packed and locked up yesterday.

I'm going to spend some time making Brad feel better about it all this weekend. Between his parents' move and our roofing job, he's one beat dog! :heart:

Supposed to be amazing weather here, lower humidity and sunshine. Some bike rides and grilling out, general R&R, is in order. :sun:

I'm so sorry to hear that, Mike. I hope she keps better quickly.

Well, our weekend will be filled with Chicken Pox. Christopher's best friend at school was sent home with them yesterday and the boys had what looked like flea bites left over from the @#$%# fleas that live out here but per their father it looks like they are pox this morning. *sigh* Benadryl and oatmeal baths seem to be in our future. On a good note, they are supposed to be going to visit their Dad's side of the family next week in MN so they should be cleared up by then and able to go.

Wahoo the weekend! Weve been invited to a huge bash on the lake, so weve managed to work our way into using a brand new 27ft open bow boat to run this poker run thingee so that should be a good way to say goodbye to summer :(

We were supposed to move into our new house this weekend, but I guess you can see where our priorities are :lol: oh well, ya only live once.

My thoughts are with you and your Mom Mike!

Wow Mike! Sorry about your mom. Im happy she's recovering! Send her my best wishes!!

Cuba ah? We Americans are not aloud in such places...enjoy the cigars!

First weekend in the new appartment...alone. Gonna see if I can't christen the place.

Might spend the time looking for worthy pics to scan at a healthy DPI for reprinting purposes. Now that I have a whole bunch of new frames, and some bare walls to put them on, I have an incentive.

Mike, I hope your mom is feeling better soon.

Normal day for me:

- Slept in till 11am
- Went to the bank
- Exchanged Computer parts
- Car Show

Sorry to hear about your mother. I pray for a speedy recovery.

I got my kids this weekend probably try to get a portrait session in on my girls,fiance and her son. Want to do it outside while its still nice.

Maybe do some horseback and quad riding in before the weekend is beneath us.

oh man, sorry to hear about your mom, Mike. Good luck to her

As for my weekend........uhm first have to work a couple of hours (something along the lines of 3.........more then enough :p) Then have some sleep..........im rather tired these days. Then wake up and go to the sis-in-law's birthday............goody, there is cake. And after that im going out with my cousin. And sunday ill probably wont do anything that will drain energy from my body.............and thats it.

I just received the 20D. Can't wait to play! :)
Nothing set in stone for tomorrow. I like last minute plans. :)
Sunday - We should be in Philly; at my sister's place.

Mike, wishing your Mom a speedy recovery. :thumbup:

Big Mike, my thoughts are with you and your Mom, hope all turns out for the best.

as for my weekend, work. leaving in about 1/2 hour, 7pm till 7am tonight, saturday night and sunday. it's a lot but sunday night shift runs into labour day and is triple time :mrgreen:

where ever you are, and what ever you do, enjoy the long weekend and be safe.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back