Friendly Foes above the Falls

absolutely stunning photos.. i love all of them - can't pick one.

Oh i'm loving those pictures....Those would be so nice as wall prints. Any Corsairs by chance, my ultimate favorite.

That first shot is killer man! I love it.
But they all are great. You're really good at these shots.
i went to one of these shows once at Duxford in the UK. Was very interesting. Love lookin at these old warbirds.

Airic, absolutely fantastic work. I envy your opportunity to shoot these fellows. I have many static shots but have never been able to get any air to air work done and shooting from the ground up rarely yields good results. Keep up the great work sir.

Those Germans certianly knew how to build a fine aeroplane back in the day! :D

Eric: What did the 109 have for a powerplant? Supercharged Mercedes Benz?

The Spitfire and Hurricane look sensational.

OT: I'd like to see someone restore fully flight-worthy Me 262 Schwabble or Me 163 Komet! :D *hint hint Eric* :wink:

It is a Damiler Benz engine in the 109. It has a very rough throaty sound when it starts but it is turbo charged and when they open it up for take-off it has the sweetest whine I have ever heard. There is a company in the States that has built several Me262 fighters that are powered by modern engines. They have flown the first one and we should start to see them on the airshow circuit soon.

Once again, thanks for all the comments and sorry I can't hang around here to much right now. Got a hundred things on the go and its not going to slow down any time soon.

Eric

Most reactions

Back