Friends Wedding

ntz

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hello,

I don't shoot weddings ... completely, but sometimes I shoot on weddings as in part of my hobby and passion .. I've been shooting on weddings of my friends, did several hundreds of shots, chosen these five to present here .. I hope you will like them ..

full

full

full

+++ here I tried to put a little artistic intent into following shots ... I share both, not sure if they are good or bad .. share \w me pls your opinion on such a postprocess ..

full

full

thank you very much for your feedback !!!

cheers, ~dan

a bit underexposed on the first few, but not bad overall.
did you purposefully darken around the bride in the second shot? the shadowing looks very odd.
I would toss the bike pics. the processing is awful and the focus is off on the second.
the cake shot would be the winner if you bumped the exposure and whites up a bit.

a bit underexposed on the first few, but not bad overall.
did you purposefully darken around the bride in the second shot? the shadowing looks very odd.
I would toss the bike pics. the processing is awful and the focus is off on the second.
the cake shot would be the winner if you bumped the exposure and whites up a bit.
Hello,

thanks much for your input ...

ad.a bit underexposed on the first few, but not bad overall.)

perhaps, it's my way of doing things ... thanks for the point .. I need to review these pics tomorrow at daylight, I am processing them bow under the artificial light .. They seem good to me but it means nothing .. My display brightness is set as usual to ~33% .. thank you again for the point .. I will review these later, I have tired eyes now and will wait for a daylight

ad.did you purposefully darken around the bride in the second shot? the shadowing looks very odd.)

no, not really, this shot is actually amongst the three modified the least ... orig out-of-camera jpg is here https://infophagia.com/ntz/paste/DSC_1626.JPG .. I've been working with raw ofc, this is just for a reference

ad.I would toss the bike pics. the processing is awful and the focus is off on the second.)

thanks for the point ... if you won't mind I will wait for few more opinions ... actually I like it, certainly they could be done better .. I wanted to desaturate them a bit and apply unhealthy amount of tone mapping ..

ad.the cake shot would be the winner if you bumped the exposure and whites up a bit.)

thanks for the point ... it looks good here to my eye now but same as above .. I will wait for daylight tomorrow and check it .. according to the histogram it seems bit underexposed

I appreciate very much your feedback !!!

cheers, ~dan

Nice set! #2 is a tad dark, and I understand the comment on the last two, but they work to capture the moment; I hope the hot tailpipe doesn't ruin the dress, or are they just posing? #3 is excellent in my opinion.

Reactions: ntz
thank you guys (notably to @jeffashman and @Jeff15 ) !!!! Appreciated ...

I'd like to say that my standard profile for this event is what you see in #1 .. Thanks for your points to the #2, I will improve it ..

I have to say that I was shooting on that event "just for sport" .. They had a "real" and "paid" wedding professional photographer .. I was shooting just for the sake of my hobby .. I don't have a big experience with photographying the people, at least like this .. or events and on events .. it's not my cup of tea so it was also considered as a training and educational session for me ...

My greatest will is to shoot landscapes but I have home bunch of kinds and next one will come out in 3 months (haha - don't congratulate) so this year is killed from photography perspective at all because I have to help home and do homemaid and babysitter this year much more so hikes around nearby and far hills is the song of the future for me this summer and autumn ...

I'd be happy enough with these as a casual shoot. Not so keen on the HDR style but that's a personal preference.

I did a neighbour's wedding a couple of years ago. Way out of my comfort zone but with Europe's second biggest granite building and one of the most famous and historic castles in Scotland as back drops, it's was made a bit easier.

I think the satisfaction of the happy couple with the quality of the photos outweighs any technical shortcomings. That's my view any how.

I'd be happy enough with these as a casual shoot. Not so keen on the HDR style but that's a personal preference.

I did a neighbour's wedding a couple of years ago. Way out of my comfort zone but with Europe's second biggest granite building and one of the most famous and historic castles in Scotland as back drops, it's was made a bit easier.

I think the satisfaction of the happy couple with the quality of the photos outweighs any technical shortcomings. That's my view any how.
well gave them 200 shots as a gift for a weddings .. shots above are not representing the best set .. I've been shooting more like a reportage on the wedding, they had paid weddings photographer ... I think that on 66%+ shots are not present groom nor bride

I have to admit, that shooting on event like this is way out of my comfort zone .. then postprocess .. omg, I hate it, God bless that I am IT guy, not a PRO photographer ... :D, I 'd love to stick with shooting my vistas in calm pace and just for my own endorphines ...

I'm viewing these on my iphone while pulling a double shift and they look pretty good. Smart man ... One sure way to get the excitement peaking is to take a quick ride on a Yamaha R1.

Reactions: ntz

Most reactions

New Topics

Back