www.ummonshadow.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
z02.jpg

z03.jpg

z04.jpg

z05.jpg

z09.jpg

There are two things that would help you the most I think.

One cost nothing. Think a little more about how you crop your images. Why you are putting in what you do and why you leave out what you do.

Second one is either use a fill flash or expose for the darkest area of the image you want to show. In other words some of these are too dark or need fill light. I find only the last one is close to being properly exposed. I expect a little post processing would help them all. Even simple editors like mine would help them.

Remember it is only my opinion ohters will see it differently.

Your opinion is most welcomed.
I have no idea why I do it, but I seem to always under-expose on purpose. I just like the effect I get.
I think it makes the look darker and I guess have a gloomier mood.

But , hey!
I'll try and work on getting the exposure correct in the darker areas. See how things turn out.

I rarely ever do any post cropping.
I have much too learn with composition.

Thanks for the critique. :)

If you dont want to post crop here is my best advice its what we did in 35mm photography for years because there was minimal post croping possible. Turn the camera verticle on most shots of a single person. Full lenght all the way to close head shots are GENERALLY (but not always) better with a verticle crop.

Dark and gloomy has it's place but not on every shot. There are times when you want to create a mood and times when you want a differnt feel. Don't become a one trick pony.

"Keep your mind open and your finger on the trigger." Advice from an old teacher... well she wasn't that old at the time/

mysteryscribe said:
Don't become a one trick pony.

"Keep your mind open and your finger on the trigger." Advice from an old teacher... well she wasn't that old at the time/

Hehe.
Wise advice :)

the first four have a bit crazy feel to it. on the one hand they all look like a snapshots... but on the other... like an old record of '70s.

my favourite is the last one for the pano crop

Yep, that last one does it for me. I think it still gives you that "dark & gloomy" feel without actually having to be too dark. Plus, I like the composition in that one. It works the best out of all of them imo.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back