Frigid Light

Where's the difference between "flash" and "flashlight", please? And I must say I really like this one.

Lovely shot, Verbal - I tried to take one like this once, but with the flash on the camera, which really killed the result.

Corinna, 'flash' is as in the camera attachment, 'flashlight' is Ameringlish for 'torch' - a handheld light, I think the German would be Taschenlampe?

Thanks! :D Yes, well "torch" translates into either "Fackel" or "Taschenlampe", but then a regular "Taschenlampe" would never give you enough light for a photo. So these flashlights here must be something more than a plain "Taschenlampe" because they give much brighter and whiter light.

No, flashlights are regular torches. But we do have the obsession with brighter light and there are new LED flashlights as well as some other types that give amazing amounts of light. As far as the white light goes, Jon probably had to play with the white balance.

AWESOME shot Jon!

Thanks guys! And I should have specified, I used a flashlight (or torch, if you will) to help my camera focus on the right spot, but I did use my camera's flash as well. =)

Wonderful picture and composition! I love it! The contrast is amazing too! Nice job!!! :)

Wonderful capture!
like the sparkles

WOW Jon, i really like this one! interesting how you have it set off close to the edge, and the detail in the icicle is perfect on my monitor.
nicely done!

Most reactions

Back